• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brady Christensen taking snaps at Center

ncfan

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Are you sure you cannot come up with 1 or 2 legitimate reasons they are trying this?

You mean other than they still don't know where to put him?
They knew we needed a LT last year.  They drafted this guy.  They then proceed to put him at RT  behind Moton. 

WTF.
The thought process on the OL has been haphazard and random, at one point even trying Moton at LT.  It was a disaster. 

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

You mean other than they still don't know where to put him?
They knew we needed a LT last year.  They drafted this guy.  They then proceed to put him at RT  behind Moton. 

WTF.
The thought process on the OL has been haphazard and random, at one point even trying Moton at LT.  It was a disaster. 

So...No, you cannot think of any legitimate reasons they are giving Brady reps at Center? I bet you never really put your heart into finding any reasons for giving Brady C reps?

It's OTAs, what better time to try these experiments? 

5 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

So...No, you cannot think of any legitimate reasons they are giving Brady reps at Center? I bet you never really put your heart into finding any reasons for giving Brady C reps?

It's OTAs, what better time to try these experiments? 

They experimented with him at nearly every position last year.  Center is all that's left, unless they're putting him in the backfield.

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

They experimented with him at nearly every position last year.  Center is all that's left, unless they're putting him in the backfield.

Ok then, I'll play. One reason they may be giving him C snaps is because we only have 2 real Centers on the team. Finding out if Brady can play C makes sense.

Another reason could be they want to have extra bodies during the dog days of Training Camp. So finding out now whether he can give it a go, is smart.

Yet another reason could be that they don't plan on him starting this year. So the more he knows, the better we are.

This does not automatically mean they want Brady at C. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Swaggasaurus said:

Prefer him there over guard. You need a mean nasty sumbitch with a good size ass at those guard spots.

Our starting Oline very well could be; Icky, Mays, Bozeman, Corbet, Moton.

The more positions Brady can play. The better it make us as a team.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, iamhubby1 said:

Maybe just looking for that emergency Center. There was a game last year where we had guys on the sidelines practicing their snaps. 

We only had 2 Centers last year. Maybe we are trying to hedge our bets so to speak?

Or maybe it's just OTAs, and they don't want any of our real Centers getting over worked?

Emergency that can possibly transition there full time is my guess as well.

C is an important position, from what I can tell, BC is a smart guy...those things pair up well.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1