• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs Rangers Game 7

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Nah you pay TDA. You dip Tro, you keep Nino. You ask Staal to take a pay cut. you get another heavy bruiser to play third. You tell KK to put up or shut up. Necas will be fine he’s an excellent winger but maybe he needs another team to thrive. 

I like that plan. I hope to keep Staal and get that we need to keep Nino over Tro. 
KK and Necas definitely need to step up.

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I feel like Slavin is over this poo. That is what we can’t lose. And we need a true D pair to pair with Slavin let TDA run three and PP. we need an iron wall until Kochetkov is ready. 

You think so? I hope not, Slavin is a beast.

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Lots of question marks…

UFA’s - Domi, Nino, Trocheck, Stepan, Cole, Smith, and DeAngelo (according to the Canes contract chart, TDA is a UFA not an RFA)

RFA’s - Lorentz, Necas, Bear

Domi was a massive waste. Nino or Troch gets signed. Tony D maybe. L Necas and Bear all gone. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• Exactly this as well.  Beyond age concerns--by the time they find out if they have something in Penix, they'll need to work on a new contract not long after.  The newer league winning QBs have gotten extensions by year 3 (ie. Burrow).  So, if Penix somehow lights it up year 3, he could turn around fairly quickly, probably by year 4, and ask for an extension.  ATL has really no buffer time in easing the bucks off the QB room to build a team around him.  Not to mention, they'll be needing to make decisions on Terrell, London, Pitts, Bijan, a lot of high end investments BEFORE seeing Penix through, and that's IF he works out.   Lindstrom's contract is backloaded too and they can't cut Matthews until after 2026.   Just a terrible use of resources as it relates to timing & salary allocation, no matter how you look at it.   You're in win now, so get a talent to win now.  
    • it's  already going to be painful enough watching Caleb Williams throw TD passes to DJ Moore on a regular basis week in & week out   & naturally not sit there & reflect back & say to yourself woulda shoulda coulda especially if Bryce Young never looks remotely similar to a #1 pick   
    • Agreed.  I would expect most realistic fans to tamper their expectations.  There is a scenario where we simply over drafted him at 1, but he still has a solid career and can become a franchise QB.  That is what I am curious to find out.  Does he have what it takes to become the guy.  If he can somehow do any of the stuff you stated in year two then fantastic, but that's not where my head is at judging by his rookie play and the state of the franchise.