• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield watch

ncfan

11 minutes ago, Ricky Spanish said:

My friend's guy says we are trying to either get the Browns to send money along with Baker or take Sam.

I get the vibe that it’s take Sam.

I’ve heard that they would like a QB in return for a package for Mayfield.  Primarily due to the increasing things that’s going on with Watson.  

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I see the modern drive to start guys immediately as one of the reasons people were talking about a "quarterback crisis" not too long ago.

It's gotten a little better, but NFL quarterback is still the most complicated position in sports. More than one team that drafted an athlete and expected them to skate by on those skills until they learned the position has found that approach lacking.

I believe coaching matters, including bad coaching.

But the thing is.....the opposite has happened. If anything this is one of the best periods for young QB's in a long time.

The doldrums were because there was a derth of elite QB talent coming into the NFL and also the NFL wasn't doing something smart, which was tailoring offenses around their new QB's skills instead of trying to shoe horn them into whatever offense it was running.

Plus with the insane level of training available to young athletes now, players should be much, much better prepared for the NFL.

• Beer 2

Just now, kungfoodude said:

But the thing is.....the opposite has happened. If anything this is one of the best periods for young QB's in a long time.

The doldrums were because there was a derth of elite QB talent coming into the NFL and also the NFL wasn't doing something smart, which was tailoring offenses around their new QB's skills instead of trying to shoe horn them into whatever offense it was running.

Plus with the insane level of training available to young athletes now, players should be much, much better prepared for the NFL.

Josh Allen, burrow and Herbert have become 3 of the hottest young qbs in the game simply by getting reps and game experience and getting better.  You can say that Mahomes did sit and learn but there are dozens of articles about him blowing minds in practice during his rookie season.

• Pie 1

29 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Athletically? Sure.

Mentally? Not so sure.