• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Way Too Early Trade Predictions

kungfoodude

Trades  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Panthers make any "win now" trades post August 31?

12 minutes ago, PizzaTheHutt said:

just don't give up any better than a 4th round pick. I don't care about the cap space. FFS if we hadn't drafted Corral I would be on board with Baker. Now my dude is 3rd on the depth chart and never gets a chance to shine this season. 

Package Robby Anderson in the deal too. If you can somehow trade Darnold away (highly unlikely) you obviously do it. 

You think Corral would be 3rd behind Darnold or PJ Walker????

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Well, we don't know is the issue. Rhule was technically the GM last year.

But has that conclusively changed? Maybe?

General belief at least is that he's not all powerful anymore, though he still technically has final say.

The most common description of the situation we've seen is that he's now listening to and deferring more to others, for what that's worth. I also think the addition of Dan Morgan makes a difference.

How much will it mean if he thinks a decision will have an effect on his job? That's probably the operative question.

• Beer 1

23 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

You think Corral would be 3rd behind Darnold or PJ Walker????

Best case scenario for us is that Corral comes out and lights it up during TC and preseason. Erase all doubts. I'm preparing myself for the absolute worst case scenario though, because that's the Panthers Way. 

• Beer 1

Before Oct. 23, we have only one team that probably won't be a contender (the Giants on Sept. 18). The Browns, Saints, Cardinals, 49ers, Rams and Buccaneers are (barring some kind of collapse by one of the teams) will be a murderers row for our early season. 

If we come out of that 2-5 it'll be a surprise.

If we are involved before the trade deadline, it's because some other team wants one of our guys to fill in for an injured player.

I don't think we'll be in contention at that time, and I'm almost certain we'll be operating under a different coach and a damage control unit by then.

1 minute ago, Khyber53 said:

Before Oct. 23, we have only one team that probably won't be a contender (the Giants on Sept. 18). The Browns, Saints, Cardinals, 49ers, Rams and Buccaneers are (barring some kind of collapse by one of the teams) will be a murderers row for our early season. 

Giants royally kicked out asses last season with a terrible head coach.

Now they have Daboll.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

If we are involved before the trade deadline, it's because some other team wants one of our guys to fill in for an injured player.

I don't think we'll be in contention at that time, and I'm almost certain we'll be operating under a different coach and a damage control unit by then.

Keep in mind the Browns, Saints(and a new coach, as well) and 49ers will all be with new QB's. The Browns aren't likely to be with Watson, either.

I doubt we would be favored in any of those but it might not be the murderers row that you think.

We have added players after cuts every year in training camp since we became a franchise. Most every team does this. I am sure we will as well this year. Not sure how that is a bad thing unless we grossly overpaid or got ripped off. The Darnold trade was a calculated risk as was trading next years third for Corral.  Getting Henderson is going to pay off this year and Gilmore while a short term rental taught our secondary alot in his time here.  Not sure those trades were a bad idea or borne out of desperation. 

Just now, panthers55 said:

Getting Henderson is going to pay off this year and Gilmore while a short term rental taught our secondary alot in his time here.  Not sure those trades were a bad idea or borne out of desperation. 

There is absolutely no way you can say with a straight face that either of those trades were good or improved the team. 

• Beer 1