• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield for peanuts and a coke...

Jmac

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

We weren't getting Baker before last season for a 6th and future 2nd and 4th after he had just beat Pittsburg on the road in the playoffs for the first playoff win in a generation.  The only reason Baker is gone is because they landed a top 5 young QB in Watson.

I agree and part of the point I am trying to make is that Cleveland's colossal blunder with Watson (and it will be massive) is going to work out well for us, probably in the way that Rhule had hoped Darnold would have worked out. The difference is that at the time, Mayfield was lighting up things and making Cleveland relevant. 

Wouldn't it have been great to have been able to look into the crystal ball and see this down the road for us back in Feb. 2021? If we had been prescient enough to tell the Browns, look, we will back out of the Watson hunt if you'll be willing to trade Mayfield for what we gave for Darnold plus a couple of additional mid-round picks? Both teams would have been better off.

It's all a pipe dream, though. We have Mayfield now, at a reduced price, but after he'd been battered around and kicked to the curb by the Browns. Let's hope he's recovered and is ready for one hell of a rebound.

10 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

I agree and part of the point I am trying to make is that Cleveland's colossal blunder with Watson (and it will be massive) is going to work out well for us, probably in the way that Rhule had hoped Darnold would have worked out. The difference is that at the time, Mayfield was lighting up things and making Cleveland relevant. 

Wouldn't it have been great to have been able to look into the crystal ball and see this down the road for us back in Feb. 2021? If we had been prescient enough to tell the Browns, look, we will back out of the Watson hunt if you'll be willing to trade Mayfield for what we gave for Darnold plus a couple of additional mid-round picks? Both teams would have been better off.

It's all a pipe dream, though. We have Mayfield now, at a reduced price, but after he'd been battered around and kicked to the curb by the Browns. Let's hope he's recovered and is ready for one hell of a rebound.

Or if we just kept Teddy last year and cut this deal this year.

Sam was a very big mistake.  We lucked out in the draft that the QB's fell and we were still able to get our franchise LT at 6 and a QB.  We also lucked out that we could get a decent  QB  so cheap.

Edited by poundaway
  • Pie 1

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Deny what?   He’s not a top 15 qb.  The stats and wins are right in front of your eyes

He has already shown stats countering that.  YOU have even said he is mid-level at best.  Mid-level out of 32 starters would be around the 14-18 range give or take.  What is his record as a starter for the Browns 30-30?  That's 500 which would be mid-level putting him right in that 15 range.  Jesus man, I get you hate the guy but move on.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

Don't understand why people are mad at this. I'd understand if you're mad at the journey so far, but they are trying to get better at the position. Baker, for better or worse, is MUCH MUCH better than Darnold. 

No clue, mr11s hate boner is petty impressive. Not a baker fan, but his 2020 season should have gotten a few MVP votes and its better than any of Darnolds/carrol/walker ever had. He ended the longest playoff drought in recent history. Broke the NFL rookie TD record. Plays injured/hurt. Talent is there and was a #1 overall. Yea hes got a few douchey issues and some teammates hate him. New town, new teammates, new staff, older, could solve some. No matter what he improves the teams talent and gives them another option at QB for the now and maybe future. Plus the cost is ultra cheap given the market. 

• Pie 1