• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Panthers are a mess, bad situation, etc.

NAS

31 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

You’ll be hard pressed to find a QB room worst than ours. The ones you do find, we might be slightly better, but the fact that you’re even comparing them shows how bad it is. 

The vast majority of QB rooms consist of one starter and one to three guys that you hope never see the field.

• Pie 4

10 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Im not saying its great but when you don't have an elite qb all qb rooms are kinda just meh You better hope that QB 1 is better than half the league and I feel like a middle of the road qb is better than what we've had over the last 4 years.

Lock and Geno?

Rudolph, Trubisky, and Pickett?

Mariota and Ridder?

Goff and Boyle?

Mills, Kyle Allen, and Driskol?

Jones, Taylor, and Davis Webb?

Winston and Andy Dalton?

Fields, Peterman, and Siemien?

There's is a whole lot of sub par rooms which is why having an actual QB 1 goes a longgggg way. You add Allen, Mahomes, Stafford etc to any of those room and they are instant better but again I'm just arguing that finding that QB 1 is priority 1.

That’s exactly my point though. You listed a bunch of sh*t QB rooms. You then proceed to say you need to have a QB 1. Mayfield isn’t A Mahomes or a Stafford. Mayfield is a Winston, Goff. 

In the end, Mayfield isn’t that guy. So I’m dumbfounded as to why we’d bring him in other than Rhule being able to get to 7/8 wins to save his job. 

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

The vast majority of QB rooms consist of one starter and one to three guys that you hope never see the field.

As you can see in my last post… I agree, but people are comparing Mayfield to that one guy and he isn’t that. He’s not Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Brady, Rodgers, etc. 

12 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

As you can see in my last post… I agree, but people are comparing Mayfield to that one guy and he isn’t that. He’s not Allen, Mahomes, Jackson, Wilson, Brady, Rodgers, etc. 

I don't know what Mayfield is here.

Heck, I don't know what Corral is here.

Those things lead me to the ultimate conclusion that our quarterback room is a great big unknown.

I do know that coaching and ownership are a mess, the front office seemingly less so but it's difficult to say for certain.

• Beer 1

These people are going to be very surprised this year. The more I think about it the more I see how methodically this team has been built by Fitterer. OL could very well be truly dominant this year, and a healthy McCaffrey and Baker probably gives us our best offense since 2015. The D has been solid under Snow, will only be better if the offense can finally sustain drives to keep them off the field. Yes Rhule is still a concern but the team looks way better on paper than these guys give credit for.

• Pie 3
  • The D 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, t96 said:

These people are going to be very surprised this year. The more I think about it the more I see how methodically this team has been built by Fitterer. OL could very well be truly dominant this year, and a healthy McCaffrey and Baker probably gives us our best offense since 2015. The D has been solid under Snow, will only be better if the offense can finally sustain drives to keep them off the field. Yes Rhule is still a concern but the team looks way better on paper than these guys give credit for.

vegas has us at 6 wins

9 minutes ago, t96 said:

I’ve been waiting to be surprised the last 3 years. I was hoping to be surprised by Teddy, Sam, and now Mayfield. I hope to eat the hell out of crow. 

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't know what Mayfield is here.

Heck, I don't know what Corral is here.

Those things lead me to the ultimate conclusion that our quarterback room is a great big unknown.

I do know that coaching and ownership are a mess, the front office seemingly less so but it's difficult to say for certain.

I understand that to a point, but just because players move to another team doesn’t mean we don’t know what they are. 

If Patrick Mahomes signed with us do we have any questions on if he’s going to be elite? If Darnold signs with ANY team in the NFL do we question if he’s going to be hot garbage or not? 

Baker has had more or for argument sake the same talent around him in Cleveland and hasn’t been anything special. At the absolute BEST we’re the Tennessee Titans. A mediocre QB at the helm surrounded by very good talent, but can’t get anywhere because their QB isn’t elite. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

The national talking heads are regurgitating the same argument. They don’t care what moves we have made to improve. Until the Panthers start winning, the narrative will be the same. One of the most underrated improvements made was the upgrade in assistant coaches. That alone can make a huge difference. 

I don’t know if Mayfield is going to be the answer, but if he plays like the 2000 version, we have a chance to be vastly improved, especially if CMC stays on the field. 

4 minutes ago, SazmoRanger said:

I understand that to a point, but just because players move to another team doesn’t mean we don’t know what they are. 

If Patrick Mahomes signed with us do we have any questions on if he’s going to be elite? If Darnold signs with ANY team in the NFL do we question if he’s going to be hot garbage or not? 

Baker has had more or for argument sake the same talent around him in Cleveland and hasn’t been anything special. At the absolute BEST we’re the Tennessee Titans. A mediocre QB at the helm surrounded by very good talent, but can’t get anywhere because their QB isn’t elite. 

Gotta disagree, primarily because coaching and systems matter a lot more than people sometimes think.

Donovan McNabb was long looked at as one of the best quarterbacks in the league...until he left the Eagles. His time in Washington is probably something he'd like to erase off of his resumé.

I've seen quarterbacks change teams or even change systems within the same team and look markedly different from before.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Gotta disagree, primarily because coaching and systems matter a lot more than people sometimes think.

Donovan McNabb was long looked at as one of the best quarterbacks in the league...until he left the Eagles. His time in Washington is probably something he'd like to erase off of his resumé.

I've seen quarterbacks change teams or even change systems within the same team and look markedly different from before.

Lol what? You’re trying to make your case based on Donovan McNabb going to the Redskins in his 12th season at the age of 34? You really don’t think that the Browns would be better if you dropped Mahomes in Cleveland? 

Time will tell and hopefully I get to eat a ton of crow, but I’m not sitting at the table waiting. 

• Pie 1