• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Insight into the broken relationship between the Browns and Mayfield

Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Y’all the Browns paid him $10m to be traded. He didn’t take a pay cut he’s getting that money. 

He did agree to shave off about $3.5M of his contract.  His fifth year should be the same as <gulp> Darnold's, $18.858M.  The Browns are covering $10.5M, we are covering $4.858M.  The remaining $3.5M he agreed to drop.

6 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

I think he knowingly bought a stolen laptop.  I believe there was something about him trying to hide it or throw it out of a window or something if I remember correctly.  It's been a long time though lol.

My memory is vague on that. I never really paid a whole lot of attention to that story anyway.

2 hours ago, trueblade said:

Good find @Mr. Scot. Thanks for sharing it.

It certainly seems like Mayfield will get every opportunity to win the starting gig. Let's see what he does with it.

I do enjoy your picture of matt corral tho our future qb

Now its mayfield time to shine for now

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Y’all the Browns paid him $10m to be traded. He didn’t take a pay cut he’s getting that money. 

he gave up 4million dollars to get traded here. He is only able to get that money in full if he starts 70% of the games, gets to the playoffs, and makes the pro bowl. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

he gave up 4million dollars to get traded here. He is only able to get that money in full if he starts 70% of the games, gets to the playoffs, and makes the pro bowl. 

Thanks for that.  I knew there were incentives for him to earn the money back, but I have been too lazy to look up what they were. 

My suggestion for him is not to spend that additional money just yet.  I could see the 70% of the games/snaps being met, but I think you listed them in the order they are likely to happen.

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Barring injury, 70% of the team's offensive snaps sounds like a reasonable goal.

Making the Pro Bowl? Eeehhh 😕

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Pretty savage, idn't it?

He slams the Browns pretty hard too, but damn 😕

I think he went a little light on Kevin Stefanski in my mind. That guy is an excellent coordinator, but not a solid HC in this league. I dont see him living out is full contract with the browns. The team has only gone down hill since he took over the roster, and as we all have read "Browns have a championship roster"

I think something that gets slept on is his relationship with OBJ. It was two divas who let their stuff get personal, and OBJ is something of a legend in the league who has a lot of relationships around the NFL. OBJ saying certain things about Baker holds a lot of weight within the Browns locker room, and a lot of wide receiver locker rooms in the NFL -coughRobbycough- so perhaps this idea of him rubbing "teammates" the wrong way is more to do with an individual spat with the wrong player, and that kind of spills over.

Baker very clearly intentionally ignored OBJ on the field after OBJ spit venom, he is the QB/leader and clearly needs to mature and not cute off his nose to spite his face. He has maturing to do, hopefully he can grow and has learned with this second chance.

Edited by Verge
  • Pie 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I think he went a little light on Kevin Stefanski in my mind. That guy is an excellent coordinator, but not a solid HC in this league. I dont see him living out is full contract with the browns. The team has only gone down hill since he took over the roster, and as we all have read "Browns have a championship roster"

The interaction he describes between Stefanski and Mayfield makes Stefanski sound like an insecure douche.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The interaction he describes between Stefanski and Mayfield makes Stefanski sound like an insecure douche.

He is a control freak. Cousins and Cook made mentions of it during Stefanski's time with the Vikes. He abandons the run too quickly, telegraphs passing plays for the browns and allows defenses to key in on what the browns are going to do next.  His subbing tactics show signs of cockiness and stubborness.