• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Article on why we should cut Darnold….am I wrong for being against this??

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Darnold will look decent until he sees a real defense. It’s pointless to have a TC competition with him when the entire NFL knows he struggles in real game decisions.

Why is it pointless?? If Baker that bad that he can't beat out Sam in practice.. He doesn't deserve to be on the field either..

Make these motherfugers work for there jobs and careers and see who comes out on top.. what is the problem with that??

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

This. Darnold taking reps from Corral as the 2 would be a waste. Darnold isn’t a starting QB in this league. Corral might be. 

I'm pretty sure Darnold wants to be a future bench warmer for a couple million a year for another 5-10 years. The new Charlie Whitehurst

I think of it this way: we have 3 QB roster spots (most likely) and 4 QBs competing for those spots.  Corral gets one of them unless he is lining up under the RT to take the snap during training camp.  That leaves 3 QBs competing for 2 spots.

Who do we think should be the odd man out in that scenario?

Keep Corral and the best 2 (again, assuming Corral knows which guy is the center).  After this season, the bigger question is whether either of the remaining 2 are worth resigning. 

Personally, I think the QB roster is Mayfield, Corral, and Darnold in some order (maybe that order).  After this season, the answer to resigning Darnold is no, and the jury will deliberate on Mayfield, depending on what he does on the field, what price he commands in FA, whether Corral is ready, or whether we blow chunks so badly we wind up drafting a QB with our very high 2023 draft pick. 

And I am assuming Mayfield beats out Darnold.  If not, we probably wind up with Corral and 2 new faces in the QB room in 2023.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Just a question.. What makes this a farce competition?? 

They literally have no attachment to either player...

I didn't say that it was, however I'll clarify: If anything but a true competition is on their minds, then they're wasting our time. All of us have probably seen insinuations that Darnold's days as QB1 are done. We've also seen threads here (based on tweets and such) that Mayfield is the presumptive QB1 even before he was officially a Panther. If that is in fact the case, and Rhule is just being rhetorical (much like Riverboat Ron was with his so-called competitions), then I don't care for it. 

15 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I didn't say that it was, however I'll clarify: If anything but a true competition is on their minds, then they're wasting our time. All of us have probably seen insinuations that Darnold's days as QB1 are done. We've also seen threads here (based on tweets and such) that Mayfield is the presumptive QB1 even before he was officially a Panther. If that is in fact the case, and Rhule is just being rhetorical (much like Riverboat Ron was with his so-called competitions), then I don't care for it. 

I believe in actions and not tweets..

1. 1 Qb is being paid and cost more assets to get... but clearly he has figured out due to them going after multiple QB options that He isn't guaranteed a job or is thought of highly in this organization..

2. 1 QB literally had to pay "guaranteed money" to get here because the team didn't want to give up anything or pay him more then 5mil.. He should have figured out that he isn't going to be given the job..

3. Both know the new OC isn't a big fan of either so they both have to work to prove themselves to Mcadoo..

4. Neither is a clear leader in the locker room so they have to prove themselves to the rest of the players and there is no Baker Group or Sam Group battle...

JMO this is the 1st time we will truly see a QB battle with no attachments and "may the best man win" mentality will truly be followed by this organization...

Reality is neither QB is the person they want.. 

Edited by WOW!!

22 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Why is it pointless?? If Baker that bad that he can't beat out Sam in practice.. He doesn't deserve to be on the field either..

Make these motherfugers work for there jobs and careers and see who comes out on top.. what is the problem with that??

Did you ever go to a training camp when we had Jake and Chris Weinke? If depth charts were made solely on practice performance, Jake would've never played over Weinke.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b95213d3c0bc15f303323

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

This. Darnold taking reps from Corral as the 2 would be a waste. Darnold isn’t a starting QB in this league. Corral might be. 

Then Corral will beat him camp.  If Corral can't beat wrong way Darnold in camp (who didn't even look good in camp last year), then he's not ready to be the backup.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Did you ever go to a training camp when we had Jake and Chris Weinke? If depth charts were made solely on practice performance, Jake would've never played over Weinke.

I think that would apply if Darnold was a "camp star".  But he isn't.  He's inaccurate with and without time in the pocket.  We chalked it up last year to our D being lights out.  The reality is though, Sam sucks.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Time out.. 

When was Jake vs Weinke considered a competition??

Weinke lost the job to Peete a year before Jake got here?? Right??

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Time out.. 

When was Jake vs Weinke considered a competition??

Weinke lost the job to Peete a year before Jake got here?? Right??

He was on the roster and he looked like the best QB in camp by far. But he couldn't do it on game day. Kinda like Darnold. Give up on Darnold, man. The Panthers have.

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Then Corral will beat him camp.  If Corral can't beat wrong way Darnold in camp (who didn't even look good in camp last year), then he's not ready to be the backup.

If that happens then Great..

But Reality again..

Matt Corral is a 3rd round QB project.. Who most of the league knew would have to sit a year or 2.. 

If teams thought he was day 1 ready to be a starter he would have been drafted before the 3rd round...