• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield and Scott Fitterer presser today at noon.

Zod

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I doubt he will be.

Fitterer's comment just sounded like kind of an offhand thing to me, i.e Tepper will be around for stuff but I seriously don't he'll have any involvement in depth chart or playing decisions.

Then what is gained by saying it at all?

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

So has anybody heard exactly what Baker's incentives are?   I'm just curious how likely it will be to earn that money back.

I heard on a podcast, can’t remember which one, but they are based on performance/team success. I think reaching playoffs were one of them but not 100% sure.

• Pie 1

For those judging Baker based on whether the Browns wanted him anymore.  Its complicated. 

The Browns believed Watson was a better QB than Baker.  Watson is better than 90% of the QB's in the league  and he's young.

The Browns enter the Watson sweepstakes.
Baker asks to be traded. 
The Browns declined the request.
Then the Browns guarantee their offer and get Watson.
The Browns agree to Bakers request.

This is not the same as us picking Teddy up as a homeless FA, or the Jets dumping Sam for an unkown rookie, or using bring Cam back for nostalgia.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

For those judging Baker based on whether the Browns wanted him anymore.  Its complicated. 

The Browns believed Watson was a better QB than Baker.  Watson is better than 90% of the QB's in the league  and he's young.

The Browns enter the Watson sweepstakes.
Baker asks to be traded. 
The Browns declined the request.
Then the Browns guarantee their offer and get Watson.
The Browns agree to Bakers request.

This is not the same as us picking Teddy up as a homeless FA, or the Jets dumping Sam for an unkown rookie, or using bring Cam back for nostalgia.

Exactly.  Baker demanded the trade to happen and wasn't going to back down from it.  The Browns believed they had a once in a generation chance to acquire a top 5 young franchise QB so they went all in on him.  I personally think the Browns are idiots because of Watson's off the field issues but that's their problem now.  

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

5 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Exactly.  Baker demanded the trade to happen and wasn't going to back down from it.  The Browns believed they had a once in a generation chance to acquire a top 5 young franchise QB so they went all in on him.  I personally think the Browns are idiots because of Watson's off the field issues but that's their problem now.  

They wanted more adult issues.  They got them.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, poundaway said:

We're shopping him.  I don't think there will be any takers, but if we eat enough of the salary who knows. 

Every source, including Fitterer himself today, says we're not.

Fitterer also said teams aren't inquiring about him.

• Beer 1

More on  McAdoo:

“He’s coached some of the most efficient offenses in NFL history—some of the most prolific teams. And looking at ’em, there’s ability at the line of scrimmage to take advantage of matchups and take advantage of how teams are really schemin’ you up. And luckily, for us, I think that fits very well with our position group, our offensive line. Be able to take advantage that we have so many skill players who are extremely talented. It’s the freedom at the line to be able to let a defense try and guard us a certain way and dictate where we’re gonna go after that. So I’m excited about it. I’m excited about the possibilities we’ll learn about each other during training camp.”

• Pie 2

25 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

...they are idiots...I know... Watson on the verge of missing 2 whole seasons...you don't just pop back up in the top 5 after that... thank God we missed that mess... 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1