• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saturday Panthers Back Together Practice - Who’s Going?

falconlynx

3 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Really? How much proof do you have of this at the NFL level? He's had two seasons, one of which was during a global pandemic with dumbass restrictions in place. So in reality he has had ONE YEAR that was somewhat normal.

You have zero evidence to support this. More Huddle Bullshit.

Rhule and the Covid excuse... please. Dude was nothing short of a hack his first two years, and we'll now see what year 3 brings.

25 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Really? How much proof do you have of this at the NFL level? He's had two seasons, one of which was during a global pandemic with dumbass restrictions in place. So in reality he has had ONE YEAR that was somewhat normal.

You have zero evidence to support this. More Huddle Bullshit.

Sarcasm 

32 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I mean all the reports to this point are indicating that he’s taking a lot of check downs.

I’m not writing him off and I want to see all the QB’s compete but Sam really has to show that he can stretch the field this year along with making the correct reads and a having a good pocket presence.

I get it’s tough to do that in training camp but for better or worse Baker is at least showing the willingness to sling the ball around (sometimes finding the defense mind you).

I think the preseason games will be the best gauge of where all the QB’s are as there is only so much you can tell from running 7 on 7’s.

I'm not worried about Sam's deep ball. 

I'm also not going to judge any of these QBs based on training camp practices.  

20 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That’s not the case though, they keep switching QB’s while leaving the lines in tact. In reality neither the OL or QB’s are building continuity. It’s a hodgepodge right now.

Then our coaching hasn't changed.

1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

Then our coaching hasn't changed.

It’s a QB competition. How do you judge against one another without switching them. Especially when in most sessions there isn’t any real pressure to have to deal with. These past 4 days were an acclimation period to get guys looks in multiple spots, for some a chance to make the roster past the 1st preseason game. Let Campen do his thing. The 1st team OL will materialize in due time. Plus with injuries that are always a thing let players have a bit of overall chemistry.  

• Pie 3

8 hours ago, KSpan said:

Shaq emerged in 2019 under Rivera and Jackson looks like the same streaky player he always has. 

Nope.. both are having their best season with Rhule.. Again him being a bad coach so far isn't debatable.. But players have improved under his regime including the defense...

40 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Nope.. both are having their best season with Rhule.. Again him being a bad coach so far isn't debatable.. But players have improved under his regime including the defense...

I disagree that either of those guys are appreciably better, but out of curiosity what examples of development would you cite that weren't initially coached by other staffs?

39 minutes ago, KSpan said:

I disagree that either of those guys are appreciably better, but out of curiosity what examples of development would you cite that weren't initially coached by other staffs?

Dante is way more consistent and a better tackler then he was with Rivera.. And Rhule putting the responsibility on him has made him a better leader..

Shaq in the same way has morphed into the defacto leader of the team with Rhule and staff urging him that way.. And again he has become a way more consistent player...

And it's not even debatable that the defense has improved under his regime from the elder defense that Rivera left him with...

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Dante is way more consistent and a better tackler then he was with Rivera.. And Rhule putting the responsibility on him has made him a better leader..

Shaq in the same way has morphed into the defacto leader of the team with Rhule and staff urging him that way.. And again he has become a way more consistent player...

And it's not even debatable that the defense has improved under his regime from the elder defense that Rivera left him with...

Shaq also stepped into a role of being the #1 linebacker after Luke left following a very solid 2019 (which was after TD left, probably not a coincidence as his defensive snap counts went up by 60% as well), making it impossible to define how much impact Rhule has actually had and how much he was able to do just simply by that attrition alone. Donte's tackling percentages are right in line with his 2 years prior to Rhule, both good and bad, making it inconclusive at best and certainly not any kind of shining example of Rhule-specific development. This year may be more telling.

image.png.fdb982b852713e06bd26d14a9d3d2a5b.png

With respect to improvement the team threw an entire draft at defense, 15 of a possible 25 overall picks since Rhule took over, and has signed/picked up some transient players that have had positive impact (Reddick, Jones, Douglas, Gilmore) etc that improved the unit but were solid before arriving but also some that arguably did not meet expectations (Weatherley, Bouye) and others that have definitely ailed to develop to date (Brown, Gross-Matos). Tough to point out any Rhule-specific improvement in those cases. 

I ask you again, can you cite any specific examples of development that can be squarely attributed to Rhule and company? 

Edited by KSpan