• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Training Camp - Monday

Zod

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

Just as I predicted instead of a legit camp confidential they're trying to piece together 20 minutes of twitter clips everyones already seen. New media team or whoever is limiting their access sucks

Everybody complains about small market team getting no national media coverage but they barely even cover themselves. How do I get a job in the panthers media department? 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I would've never signed someone with an obvious ceiling like Teddy Bridgewater (to a MASSIVE contract) and would've tanked only one year and had the choice of T Law, Wilson, Jones, Lance, Fields, etc while having a ton of money to build around them. Also, would've fired Hurney before selecting a head coach. Not that hard. 

The good ole' I'll intentionally suck move, that really helps to build a team. Can't believe we've been missing on these FA/Trades by trying the winning culture thing. damn shame.

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

I would've never signed someone with an obvious ceiling like Teddy Bridgewater (to a MASSIVE contract) and would've tanked only one year and had the choice of T Law, Wilson, Jones, Lance, Fields, etc while having a ton of money to build around them. Also, would've fired Hurney before selecting a head coach. Not that hard. 

You would have tanked for Trevor?!  Bravo!  What a great GM you would have been.  Just tell your locker room this year is a wash because we think this rookie QB might be good.  Worked out for the Jags who were dead last again after drafting him.  

4 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Just as I predicted instead of a legit camp confidential they're trying to piece together 20 minutes of twitter clips everyones already seen. New media team or whoever is limiting their access sucks

NFL as a whole has cracked down on practice video per the Roar podcast 

29 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Nope. We just have different definitions of "good." Sorry, I don't consider players like Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield as "good" and you will see in the regular season just how "good they are."

To put it bluntly - you don't know what you're talking about.  Baker was a top 10 QB before he got injured.  That is statistical fact. Baker resurrected the Browns franchise and won a playoff game with 4+ head coaches and 4 OC's.  That is also fact.  He's a damn good QB and the stats support that.

• Pie 2

21 minutes ago, Jared Patterson said:

Because he is not any good. QBs like Darnold, Teddy, Mayfield, (post injured Cam), PJ Walker, Will Grier and all the reclamation projects is the worst possible way to run a team. We are the only team in the NFL interested in these type of players. I am sick of it and even if Baker has his best season ever its not like we are winning the division and 8-9 9-8 would just put us in no mans land again, gives Rhule another excuse and we rince and repeat with someone like Daniel Jones the next year. I am praying Corral works out b/c we will likely hurt our chance at another top QB in the draft again.

Yeah, he is good.  You need to learn to actually watch game film and understand stats.  You're embarrassing yourself here.

26 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Show me where Baker hurt you?  Was it just mentally?  We already know you are going to be the guy screaming Baker is terrible after every incomplete pass no matter how well he is playing.  He is our QB this year and has had success in this league whether you want to admit it or not.  Let's just see how he does first and if he sucks then we let him walk with no cost.  

Why is it I have this sinking feeling he will be on here screaming when Mayfield spikes the ball after a first down to stop the clock on some drive late in a half? 

"ThaT wAS A hORribLE tHRoW!!!"

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Why is it I have this sinking feeling he will be on here screaming when Mayfield spikes the ball after a first down to stop the clock on some drive late in a half? 

"ThaT wAS A hORribLE tHRoW!!!"

I mean he is complaining about him getting a screen passed batted down...  I be he is an OSU fan that cried a single tear when Baker planted that flag on his teams' logo at midfield.  

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You would have tanked for Trevor?!  Bravo!  What a great GM you would have been.  Just tell your locker room this year is a wash because we think this rookie QB might be good.  Worked out for the Jags who were dead last again after drafting him.  

A lot was behind the Jags getting the #1 pick.... That wasnt on Trevor and I would also have triple the amount of money to build the team around the QB. Do you realize even if we wanted to re-sign Baker next year we literally cant? We have the second worst cap situation in the league as of right now w no QB....

8 minutes ago, bruceleeroy said:

Yeah, he is good.  You need to learn to actually watch game film and understand stats.  You're embarrassing yourself here.

We have different definitions of good then. Just watch that Jaycee Horn video D Hall made yesterday talking about him being a breakout guy. At the end of the video he made fun of us not having a QB and everyone laughed. Another analyst said he's not a top 64 QB in the league. Most people know Baker sucks and that's why we got paid to take him off their hands and no one else was interested. 

Edited by Jared Patterson

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean he is complaining about him getting a screen passed batted down...  I be he is an OSU fan that cried a single tear when Baker planted that flag on his teams' logo at midfield.  

We do have some cases on this board.

I was not a fan of trading for Mayfield, but at what we gave the Browns to get him and the amount of his contract we are paying, it is hard to argue. 

Just now, Captroop said:

Bad movie, but a classic line none the less.

• Beer 1