• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on practice reps

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, FuFuLamePoo said:

There’s clearly no developmental plan in place for Corral and it’s infuriating 

It's not just Corral and it has been like this since the beginning. I don't think Rhule is as good at developing players as an NFL coach has to be. How many players have actually gotten better here since they were brought on board?

I don't believe Corral will get better under his tutelage or regime. Mayfield, Darnold and Bridgewater were brought here because they were "developed" players and not projects. Walker was brought in as a former star pupil. This isn't a recipe for success. 

And it's mirrored across the team, from offensive line to defensive line, DBs and WRs. If you didn't show up with a ton of talent, you aren't getting better here. If you did, then that's what you operate on instead of getting better. 

There's better roster development and long range planning on most Yahoo fantasy football teams than a Rhule-coached Panthers team.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

But not a real head coach...

Well we have several with HC experience. Maybe some of it rubbed off. I remember Rivera saying he wished he had hired some former head coaches as coordinators to help him make decisions. Maybe Rhule or Tepper helped him to that realization

17 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

Corral isnt going to play this season unless something crazy happens.  Hes also not going to be the backup unless they trade Darnold somehow soooo... 

So in other words, he's a freshman.

This is a prime example of college coach thinking.

• Pie 1

Just now, panthers55 said:

Well we have several with HC experience. Maybe some of it rubbed off. I remember Rivera saying he wished he had hired some former head coaches as coordinators to help him make decisions. Maybe Rhule or Tepper helped him to that realization

Then rhule is either not listening to them or they dont know what they are doing because its crystal clear they are mismanaging the qb's at the very least

Just now, panthers55 said:

So much angst about 2 series in the first preseason game. Why over think it until we see what happens

There’s no longer four preseason games… there’s three… so that’s two to get things right for the starters as the depth players will see most if not all the snaps in game three.

For the Panthers, that means there’s potentially only one game left for the starters to build any sort of chemistry or continuity… what are you going to say if Rhule does the same rotation next week? And by all accounts he will, after all, Mayfield said that it just happened to be his turn to start… that’s a strong indicator that these rotations aren’t over yet.

You keep acting like we have a world of time left… we don’t.

• Pie 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

So in other words, he's a freshman.

This is a prime example of college coach thinking.

Ive asked multiple times now and nobody seems to want to answer but how are all of the other rookies that were drafted so much further ahead in their development?   I mean every one drafted is light years ahead

3 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

It's not just Corral and it has been like this since the beginning. I don't think Rhule is as good at developing players as an NFL coach has to be. How many players have actually gotten better here since they were brought on board?

I don't believe Corral will get better under his tutelage or regime. Mayfield, Darnold and Bridgewater were brought here because they were "developed" players and not projects. Walker was brought in as a former star pupil. This isn't a recipe for success. 

And it's mirrored across the team, from offensive line to defensive line, DBs and WRs. If you didn't show up with a ton of talent, you aren't getting better here. If you did, then that's what you operate on instead of getting better. 

There's better roster development and long range planning on most Yahoo fantasy football teams than a Rhule-coached Panthers team.

2020 doesn't count to me. In reality, this is Rhule's second year because 2020 was a waste for roster development and performance, in my opinion. 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Ive asked multiple times now and nobody seems to want to answer but how are all of the other rookies that were drafted so much further ahead in their development?   I mean every one drafted is light years ahead

Option 1: we drafted poorly

Option 2: we've done a very poor job of developing him

Option 3: both 1 and 2 are true

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2