• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is there tension behind the scenes?

NAS

5 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but we also don't know how much of that was just "coach speak."

Maybe there is a disconnect or maybe Fitt was saying what he had to.

there is no benefit for Fitt to specifically say they had a first round grade on him if it wasnt true.  In fact, kindof like we are seeing, that could very well blow up in his face.

How does a 5th or even a 7th round pick already look light years better then our supposed "first round talent"?

9 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

This is 110% on rhule.  I give him poo where he probably doesnt deserve it but when it comes to this its all on him.  He is the head coach for fugs sake

Yes.  Its alllll his fault a 3rd round rookie qb who came from a gimmick offense didnt play well in his very first preseason game..

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

100%

Care to explain why the other rookies from gimmicky offenses did light years better?

Because some players do and some players dont?  That's how the nfl works.   Performance isn't always an exact correlation to talent or draft spot unfortunately.   

Let me put this very simply.  I hope everyone agreeing with this post reads this.  Tanking doesnt exist to coaches and players.  Right now they are focused on one thing, winning.  The team has a new offensive coordinator, a new offensive scheme, a new starting qb, and almost an entirely new offensive like.  They have a lot more they should be focusing on right now than the third string qb.  He needs to keep focusing on mental reps and taking advantage of the time he has to learn.  The starting offense has to learn the new system and learn to gel.  You could say then why give Darnold reps but they said it was an open competition and that lines up.   Regardless it makes sense for your backup qb to get more reps than your third string qb.  I know Corral is the sole focus of a lot of fans right now but he better not be the sole focus of the head coach and offensive coordinators at this point with all the transition and the fact hes third string at best this season.

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

a) We aint getting jack poo for walker in a trade, thats just absurd

B) its not our place to showcase his ability so he can go to another team

Why the hate? It is our team organization job to showcase our player’s talent. That way we can create a buzz to trade him. It’s crazy how some you act towards certain players. Just crazy. We as fans don’t need that crap. Do better. 

Since we're just making sh!t up, I'll take a crack at it. 

Matt Rhule says to David Tepper, "That bastard Fitty drafted Corrall knowing damn well I wanted Temple's long snapper in the third! I'll show him! I'll sabotage his entire career! That young lion won't be eating any beef on my watch!"

Tepper replies, "Matty, I may be rich, but unlike those geniuses on carolinahuddle.com, I'm very stupid. I appreciate you sacrificing your professional career just to troll them." Tepper then takes his zippo and ignites a roll of $100 bills which he uses to light a giant cigar. They laugh.

Edited by Khaki Lackey
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, NAS said:

I think Corrall was Fitt’s draft choice and Rhule refusing to give him reps has to be creating some tension behind the scenes. There is no other explanation that would make sense.  

I can see where some would think that.  I would like to think it was because Correl needed time but putting him behind a 3rd and 4th string probably has made him gun shy.  Let's see what he gets with the Patriots.

I think more and more people are asking what are they doing with Corral in the media as well as teh huddle. The outcry will become real. Rhule is looking like the Fhule he really is. 

Matt Rhule is a con man. He told you there was going to be a QB competition: that was a lie. He brought in Cleveland's ham sandwich for the job. Telegraphed it.

I'm looking forward to coaching Cam Newton: that was a lie, we saw what he did.

We saw this coming already. That's what all the Corral bluster was for, to possibly put pressure on Rhule to take him seriously. We knew he would do this so operation Golden Corral was launched.

Instead he did the opposite he put him at the end of the bench and gave him the very least reps like we knew he wanted to do in the first place.

Low IQ minds are easy to map. We knew he'd prioritize another washed up QB. I think there must be some kind of mental issue. He keeps doing the exact same thing, failed, failed, failed, doing it again.

Stupid is as stupid continues to do.

3 hours ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I agree with something I read. Rhule is in  make or break year. So prioritizing a 3rd round rookie isn’t important. 
That said two years in you can easily see who Rhule favors and doesn’t favor. 
Also he is still calling players out during press conferences and giving not-so-subtle blame. Which is just so unprofessional, imo. 
Either don’t say anything or talk to them behind close doors. 

Can't argue with that.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He was playing because matt rhule is a moron and is not a competent nfl coach

In your opinion what is the best case scenario for playing PJ?  What do possible think we could trade him for?

His is worst than a moron.  PJ has had years to show what he can do.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

It's possible but I would be surprised if the guy that Matt Rhule selected to be his assistant GM would flip on him that quickly. 

I don't doubt that perhaps Fitterer and Rhule don't agree on everything. I am not sure it is at the level of there being active tension.

Especially over a 3rd round rookie player that was only likely to see the field if Mayfield hadn't been traded for and Darnold had been injured.

Well, yes, it's possible.  rule is just a college coach.