• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

“That poo might work in college, but this is the NFL!”

Wundrbread33

This is a timeless phrase that has been used on countless college coaches/players that don’t succeed at this level.

Naturally, with our lack of success since Rhule took over, it’s used on him.

Regarding Rhule, what does that statement mean to you? Is it a general statement? Do you have specifics based on your observations of the college game vs. the NFL?

As a person who hasn’t focused on the college game in the last few years, I’m interested in knowing your thoughts. 

14 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

Thank God, another bitch about Rhule thread. I was beginning to think everyone loved him now, since the crybaby thread percentage dropped below 90%

That’s not my intention. Naturally people will just bitch. fug them. Ignore them.

They don’t have specifics and are just emotional. 

I’m curious to hear from those who have justifications based on observations of the college approach, and it’s translation to the league. 

Solid quetion but wrong timing. I'm guessing we can pick this one up around week 6 this year. We played the first preseason game so we are locked in for the most part. Once the delusional stuff goes out the window we have plenty of season left to discuss Rhule's shortcomings as an NFL coach. It's like talking about Santa infront of kids expect it's mostly grown men and their safespace. I'm letting Rhule do the heavey lifting on that one at this point, same as last year. 

Edited by Waldo
  • Pie 4

13 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

I’m curious to hear from those who have justifications based on observations of the college approach, and it’s translation to the league. 

My opinion is based on his interviews, his play design, his ineptitude, his record, many more opinions from professionals etc. etc.

• Beer 1

10 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Solid quetion but wrong timing. I'm guessing we can pick this one up around week 6 this year. We played the first preseason game so we are locked in for the most part. Once the delusional stuff goes out the window we have plenty of season left to discuss Rhule's shortcomings as an NFL coach. It's like talking about Santa infront of kids expect it's mostly grown men and their safespace. I'm letting Rhule do the heavey lifting on that one at this point, same as last year. 

I've seen all I need to see about rule's coaching abilities.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

My opinion is based on his interviews, his play design, his ineptitude, his record, many more opinions from professionals etc. etc.

Aside from record, aren’t those subjective things though? 

And specifically with play design, I’ve always been under the impression that the OC/DC are delegated to play design, so Rhule’s “play design” issues would be more about delegating to the wrong OC (Brady), no?

1 minute ago, Wundrbread33 said:

And specifically with play design, I’ve always been under the impression that the OC/DC are delegated to play design, so Rhule’s “play design” issues would be more about delegating to the wrong OC (Brady), no?

In most cases but in rules case he has input on everything and we have too good of an OC and DC to not say rule screws it up.  I hold rule fully accountable.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

bringing dumb poo like ‘the brand’ directly over from college, stupid HS level drills etc

it’s fine, I mean it’s very rare for college HCs to transition to real adults it’s been proven over and over and over again, it’s almost baffling NFL attempts the move anymore at this point with only a couple great turnouts in...well forever

but at the end of the day when chip Kelly and Harbaugh come in and flame out even with success you wonder how a Baylor/temple coach, who fails, continues to get year after year or even 5-7 years as Tep insinuates…i mean it’s kind of dumbfounding tbh

because whatever process or style Rhule went from 5-16 to 5-17. That’s regression.

And there are other small signs he has zero clue what he is doing, his trades, his evaluations not just with players but with coaches, going all defense for the first time in nfl history…small things add up, the signs are there

him and Tep get along because they appear to share this ‘fug nfl history, fug the stats and analytics - we are smarter than that, we are path makers, and we’ll do things so different and what no body has done before’ blah blah blah

but fail to realize the poo they do isn’t and hasn’t been done before for a reason all the while running this franchise straight into the fuging ground but too dumb/egotistical to even realize it’s their own doing

it’s clear Rhule is out of place and over his head just but observation, consequence and results. it doesn’t take a mastermind to figure it out

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, onmyown said:

bringing dumb poo like ‘the brand’ directly over from college, stupid HS level drills etc

it’s fine, I mean it’s very rare for college HCs to transition to real adults it’s been proven over and over and over again, it’s almost baffling NFL attempts the move anymore at this point with only a couple great turnouts in...well forever

but at the end of the day when chip Kelly and Harbaugh come in and flame out even with success you wonder how a Baylor/temple coach, who fails, continues to get year after year or even 5-7 years as Tep insinuates…i mean it’s kind of dumbfounding tbh

because whatever process or style Rhule went from 5-16 to 5-17. That’s regression.

And there are other small signs he has zero clue what he is doing, his trades, his evaluations not just with players but with coaches, going all defense for the first time in nfl history…small things add up, the signs are there

him and Tep get along because they appear to share this ‘fug nfl history, fug the stats and analytics - we are smarter than that, we are path makers, and we’ll do things so different and what no body has done before’ blah blah blah

but fail to realize the poo they do isn’t and hasn’t been done before for a reason all the while running this franchise straight into the fuging ground but too dumb/egotistical to even realize it’s their own doing

it’s clear Rhule is out of place and over his head just but observation, consequence and results. it doesn’t take a mastermind to figure it out

thats a mic drop

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

12 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

stop making sense.

• Beer 1