• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers expected to name Baker Mayfield Week 1 starter.

hepcat

11 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

The first sentence may have been bold, but I get what he is saying.  Most of these rookies aren't ready to lead a franchise to a winning season yet with the exception of maybe Pickett.  You along with many of these analysts have stated none of them are ready and shouldn't be drafted in the first round (and they weren't outside of Pickett).  It's Baker's team (this year) and he is new to the roster so he needs all of the reps with the 1s he can get.  Corral needs to make progress with the 3s/4s before he jumps up to the 1s.  We definitely need to ditch PJ if Sam is going to be our backup and let Corral get his reps in the meantime.  

Thats not the point at all.  It shows that these coaches have a plan how to get their rookie qbs up to speed.  The fact that he is blowing it off saying "well they wouldnt win anyway" has nothing to do with what Wow is arguing

Mike Tomlin HOF coach - We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Riverboat Ron respected vet coach -We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Arthur Smith 2nd year head coach - We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Mike Vrabel  extremely respected head coach - We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Matt Rhule - "my job is not to pick the starting qb"  and I am going to ship our rookie to 4rth string and not have a plan on how to develop him

Hmmmm,  but rhule defenders swear he is doing it the right way when you know its kindof clear he is not

But we are accused of blind rhule hate.  Its insane

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

35 minutes ago, joemac said:

Why don't we see how he does with an actual decent QB and decent o-line before we completely right him off.  I think everyone knows this year is either now or never.  He had freaking Teddy Bridgewater and Sam Darnold as his starting QBs...and the worst o line in the league.  Having a healthy CMC will go a long way as well. 

What is this? You say he had those QB's and those olinemen like he had all that forced on him and made none of those decisions. It's very odd how some people want to act like he didn't come in here with basically full control to shape this roster. Never have I said he is guaranteed to fail. I hope he proves us wrong because I'm tired of this team being a joke. But I'm not going to sit here and pretend like he hasn't had a key role in all this. And grown men piling in here to poo negative posts about Rhule shows what a pitiful loser mentality some people have. Especially after all those years of talking ruthless poo about Ron and cursing his name and he actually oversaw the winningest season in franchise history. Raise the damn bar.

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Thats not the point at all.  It shows that these coaches have a plan how to get their rookie qbs up to speed.  The fact that he is blowing it off saying "well they wouldnt win anyway" has nothing to do with what Wow is arguing

Mike Tomlin HOF coach - We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Riverboat Ron respected vet coach -We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Arthur Smith 2nd year head coach - We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Mike Vrabel  extremely respected head coach - We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and start taking meaningful reps in the preseason

Matt Rhule - "my job is not to pick the starting qb"  and I am going to ship our rookie to 4rth string and not have a plan on how to develop him

Hmmmm,  but rhule defenders swear he is doing it the right way when you know its kindof clear he is not

But we are accused of blind rhule hate.  Its insane

But… What if… It turns out to be the right way for Matt Corral…?

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

And that's just a small sample, but an accurate one.

Teams have been doing this for years. Heck, even prior Panther teams had rookie quarterbacks.

Newton looked awful in his third preseason game, but at least he got the reps and was ready by week one.

Corral doesn't have to be ready for week one, but Mayfield does. Ekwonu does. Hell, at this point, Cade Mays might have to.

Oy...

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

And that's just a small sample, but an accurate one.

Teams have been doing this for years. Heck, even prior Panther teams had rookie quarterbacks.

Newton looked awful in his third preseason game, but at least he got the reps and was ready by week one.

Corral doesn't have to be ready for week one, but Mayfield does. Ekwonu does. Hell, at this point, Cade Mays might have to.

Oy...

Thats what we have been saying all preseason.  This isnt some secret ancient method that nobody knows about, this is how its done.  But rhule seems to think yet again he is smarter then the rest of the league.  Feels like we have seen this before.   If that dumb motherfuger rolls out 4 qbs again tomorrow night it will tell you all you need to know

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I hate doing this but that's wrong. Man this is just pet peeve of me, mind you.

"Matt Rhule - "my job is not to pick the starting qb"  and I am going to ship our rookie to 4rth string and not have a plan on how to develop him" should say....

"Matt Rhule - We have a plan for our rookie qb to get up to speed and develop him"

You just disagree with Rhule's plan. I don't blame you, but don't sit here and act like there is no plan. That makes you look dumb. An NFL head coach, a QB coach who has coached Watson and Stafford, OC with HC experience, all these guys are just "lulz YOLO". Nah, I don't think so.

Sam or PJ should be gone already. Corral should be getting more reps in practice and opportunities with the 2's at least. Corral should be getting more opportunities. At the same time, how do you evaluate the WR's and other positions around the QB if the QB is stinking it up? Corral looked bad, which I blame on lack of reps, but putting him in at this point may be pointless.

The plan appears to be Corral is redshirting and his development can wait a few weeks until the QB's are sorted out. I disagree with that approach, but it is what it is. it's also a plan, no matter if I like it, or if you cry on a message board that there is no plan.

• Pie 5

42 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

My God you can't be serious 

Its just pointless to be such a complete, negative, jackass each and every day.  Why do you even watch or support the team if you absolutely hate them?  Must be a miserable existence. Also, this is only Fitterer's second year and second draft and he seems to be light years ahead of Marty Hurney.  And btw, I don't really care what you have to say in reply, so don't even bother. 

• Pie 2

Just now, joemac said:

Its just pointless to be such a complete, negative, jackass each and every day.  Why do you even watch or support the team if you absolutely hate them?  Must be a miserable existence. Also, this is only Fitterer's second year and second draft and he seems to be light years ahead of Marty Hurney.  And btw, I don't really care what you have to say in reply, so don't even bother. 

lol

the posts above have already addressed it for me