• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers at Patriots Gameday Thread!

Zod

1 minute ago, Floppin said:

I think Icky getting beat on two stunts basically back to back is making people lose perspective. He and BC had a pretty good night otherwise.

sure I agree, but at least early on there will be times when they struggle, whether that is a difference in a w or L I dont know but for now its not buttoned up to where it needs to be

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

sure I agree, but at least early on there will be times when they struggle, whether that is a difference in a w or L I dont know but for now its not buttoned up to where it needs to be

Yeah, there's definitely going to be struggles but I think that putting Icky at guard and BC at tackle for the year as many are suggesting is just a terrible idea. It's hampering both of their progressions on the places that they're ultimately going to play. Icky needs to play LT and BC at LG and just let them learn together and build. It's not going to be beautiful in game one I'm sure but it'll definitely improve.

Edited by Floppin
  • Pie 1

10 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

The game was setting up to be exactly what it was

Patriots were playing all their starters into the 2nd qtr. Not only did we not play any of our starters but we held out 30 players What did you expect was gonna happen 

We’ve reached an inflection point where Juan’s posts are more coherent and contain better content than our fave mod, LG. poo is getting wild on the huddle. 

• Pie 3

42 minutes ago, Luciu5 said:

This might sound dumb, but I want to see Darnold in the next game. PJ was bad. Real bad. Worse than I remember. Also, Corral does not need to play anytime soon.

I dont disagree about darnold but totally disagree with you about corral.  Thats how players get better, you know by practicing and playing.  He had like 2 really really bad throws last night and a few more off the mark.  He needs a ton more work and he will not get that on the IR or being 4rth string.

Play Baker a few series next week, roll SD for a few and then just give the rest to MC.

Thats of course if he is not seriously injured

57 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I dont disagree about darnold but totally disagree with you about corral.  Thats how players get better, you know by practicing and playing.  He had like 2 really really bad throws last night and a few more off the mark.  He needs a ton more work and he will not get that on the IR or being 4rth string.

Play Baker a few series next week, roll SD for a few and then just give the rest to MC.

Thats of course if he is not seriously injured

I agree he does not need to be IR'd for the year. If he goes on season ending IR, his NFL career could be done. He needs practice reps for sure. I will say, Corral did look better in the 2nd than the 4th quarter. I think the 2nd string oline is quite a bit better than the 3rd and 4th string. But even early he couldn't string a full drive together.

Rewatching now. I agree with the people that are interested in switching Ickey and BC. BC would be better in pass pro at this moment, he's never going to be a road grader in the run and it's not ideal for our RB's to cut all the way outside the left tackle. Kills the RB's momentum and will usually have a CB waiting for them. You want the left or right side interior to open a gap that's an instant 4-5 yards running downhill. Ickey can clear that path now while he works on the nuance of pass pro. Of course Rhule didn't give them any reps in that combo and declared Ickey the LT off of a subpar week 1 performance and he'll look like a dumbass for walking that statement back so he won't even entertain the idea