• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral heading to IR

Floppin

11 hours ago, WOW!! said:

So he should have only played in the 2nd qrt right??

So him not getting enough reps wouldn't be a problem then??

The most logical thing should of been Rhule giving him Pj's reps in practice  and allowing him to start the game with the 2nd string for the 1st  and 2nd qtr. Let Pj finish out the 3rd n 4th with 3rd n 4th string. It was clear he wanted to do Pj a solid by allowing him to showcase for other teams. Logic says, you invest  into what you invested in. Investing in a Qb... means just that. 

Edited by Lurk21

PJ likely makes the roster now, but the reality is that this team SHOULD carry 3 QBs.

It has been years and years  since the Panthers hadn't started at least 2 different QBs, and a 17 game season makes that even more difficult. Sam has never been healthy for an entire season, and Baker is coming off of an injury as well. Like it or not, there needs to be a 3rd QB on this roster. Hopefully we won't have a season again where we get to a 4th starting QB 😧

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

This honestly stinks.  He looked bad, but again, I don't think he was ever given a chance by Rhule, and this ultimately feels like Rhule won.  There definitely is something going on between Rhule and Fitt, and this feels like Rhule won off some bullshit.  He gets to keep his beloved PJ and Darnold and never has to even try to help or develop Corral, which is what he intended all along. 

So glad we got Baker though.  There's no denying he's the best QB on the roster, and I'm still excited about where he can take us if Rhule keeps his dumbass out of the way.

Rhule said that this injury may decide if they keep 3 qbs. They may only keep 2 now that Corral is on IR. They still may not keep PJ is they need that spot unless it is on the practice squad. We will see.

Actually this may help Corral in a twisted sort of way. It gives him a year to learn the playbook & the other players & coaches on the team. Gives him a year to impress the present HC, OC, & QBC in case any are here in the future. While the NFL may limit his practice while with team [wink-wink], he can hone his skills elsewhere. Hopefully he will not show up next year looking like 'KB' shape. We may see what he is made of as a result. Also this gives Rhule an out to keep PJ [on the practice squad if he has any smarts left in him] & retain on of his players his ego is too big to cut. Thanks for the read.

2 minutes ago, nogoodbum said:

Actually this may help Corral in a twisted sort of way. It gives him a year to learn the playbook & the other players & coaches on the team. Gives him a year to impress the present HC, OC, & QBC in case any are here in the future. While the NFL may limit his practice while with team [wink-wink], he can hone his skills elsewhere. Hopefully he will not show up next year looking like 'KB' shape. We may see what he is made of as a result. Also this gives Rhule an out to keep PJ [on the practice squad if he has any smarts left in him] & retain on of his players his ego is too big to cut. Thanks for the read.

There is no scenario where him going on the IR is going to help MC

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, poundaway said:

Wanna bet?

@mrcompletely11is too scared.  All mouth. 

One month avatar for avatar, we win at least 7 games.

My original assessment was 7 games. It went down to six.

After another week of Matt Rhule f' ups I'll have us at five wins.

If you're still expecting 7 wins out of a Matt Rhule team.... You haven't been paying attention. 

Dude is a joke. Baker is ordinary, very ordinary. If CMC can't go the whole season, oh boy.

7 games is scrubbville. Why aren't you predicting 10?.....I know why, you're not Fhulish.

I'll bet if you go up to 10 wins. Scared?

I don't understand this copium of trying to convince yourself this is a good thing for Corral. He almost certainly wasn't going to play this year anyway. Now he gets no practice reps. That is NOT a good thing. Everyone talks about a "redshirt year" but that was being on the active roster. Not playing but being able to practice. That's a redshirt year. Redshirts can practice in college. Sitting out of practice for an entire year is not a redshirt year.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

My original assessment was 7 games. It went down to six.

After another week of Matt Rhule f' ups I'll have us at five wins.

If you're still expecting 7 wins out of a Matt Rhule team.... You haven't been paying attention. 

Dude is a joke. Baker is ordinary, very ordinary. If CMC can't go the whole season, oh boy.

7 games is scrubbville. Why aren't you predicting 10?.....I know why, you're not Fhulish.

I'll bet if you go up to 10 wins. Scared?

Looks like you're not as confident that they're going to suck as you pretend to be.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't understand this copium of trying to convince yourself this is a good thing for Corral. He almost certainly wasn't going to play this year anyway. Now he gets no practice reps. That is NOT a good thing. Everyone talks about a "redshirt year" but that was being on the active roster. Not playing but being able to practice. That's a redshirt year. Redshirts can practice in college. Sitting out of practice for an entire year is not a redshirt year.

and the major injury is probably not going to help matters

I stand by what I said last night, this will probably zap any chance he may have starting for us in his career.