• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cuts on the Horizon

MHS831

4 minutes ago, WolfpackPantherMan said:

What's the deadline for final 53?

Cuts will start today even though 4pm tomorrow is the deadline.  A few reports from other teams started leaking out last night.  Most teams won't announce all their cuts at once; likely in 2-3 waves starting today.  I expect to start seeing some news shortly. 

• Pie 2

Any surprise cuts or surprise 53 man makes?  Not really a surprise, but I think Shi Smith beats out Andre Roberts--who we signed to the the PR for those duties.  Burris is on the bubble..it wouldn't shock me to see one of the younger safeties take his spot.  Walker makes the 53 until Sam is healthy, I'm pretty sure.  Jordan gets the axe.  Also I'm curious to see who gets TE3.  I think it would have been Ricci, but he's hurt.  I'm not sold on either Thompson or Sullivan...utter JAGS.

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

And that gives him 2 weeks to get used to his holder, timing with snap, etc.

I noticed 2 things about Zane in preseason.

1.  He seemed to be on the left upright a lot, as if he was pulling the ball.  Was his brain subconsciously trying to protect the injury when it was hardly noticeable?  

2. The injury followed a rain delay.  Was he loosened up properly?

I am on a mission to find out the truth.  I need answers!  I can handle the truth!

A Few Good Men You Cant Handle The Truth GIF by SundanceTV

It was a freak injury. 

2 hours ago, 45catfan said:

"With unlimited players who could return last season, teams can only designate eight players to return from IR, including any player returning from the practice squad/injured list. Another tweak comes in how long a player must be on the Reserve/Injured List as they must miss four games when in 2021 the time was only three games."

When does the team deem a player as eligible to return and long term IR? At time of placement on the IR or whenever they want?

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

When does the team deem a player as eligible to return and long term IR? At time of placement on the IR or whenever they want?

From the same article I linked earlier:

"Just to clarify, one item which was made permanent with the NFL several years ago was teams no longer have to designate a player to return from the Reserve/Injured List at the time they go on the list. Teams do not have to say which players are returning until they begin their 21-day window.

• Pie 1