• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule on Baker beyond 2022 (and did Rhule let something slip about his standing with the current FO?)

Proudiddy

I don't believe he ever had anything to do with draft/FA decisions besides giving his input on a particular player and the type of players the team was looking for. I remember something about him wanting to trade down the first season for more picks but Hurney wanted Brown. 

I think year 2 he asked for more picks for depth and Fitts obliged but it was his decision. Not Mat's. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule

I have been saying Rhule has changed and is staying in his lane and was retained under the provision that he get competent folks in here and let's them do their job.  And with his new found confidence in his staff he won't be micromanaging everything like he did last year.  As for Baker he is the real deal.  Who thought we could trade for a number 1 draft pick for a future 5th that will be a 4th and 5 million in cash. That is crazy that in Cleveland he went from the savior to almost worthless over playing through an injury that really hurt his production. His ego was tamed and he now has a chip on his shoulder. He is 2 years removed from taking Clevand to the playoffs for the first time in almost 30 years. He felt disrespected for all he has done and now knows it is a business.  I see Baker helping us put up big numbers and really helping the defense this year. I just hope we don't overwork CMC or constantly run him up the middle.  When he is open in the flat or screaming across the middle on a slant he is money and amazing after the catch.

Edited by panthers55
  • Pie 1