• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Corral assessment from Simms

NAS

It’s only preseason but this hurts my soul 🤕 

Highest QB Rating among rookies this preseason

Kenny Pickett         138.6 
Skylar Thompson   121.3
Desmond Ridder     98.0
Brock Purdy             86.0
Malik Willis              80.5
Bailey Zappe            72.1
Sam Howell              69.1
Matt Corral              49.3

• Pie 5

11 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Again, out of all the rookie QBs I watched this preseason - he was the least impressive. The game and moment looked to big for him and he was always just running around.  I know the OL didn’t help but the other QBs I watched were playing with and against scrubs as well. 

probably the worst possible start for his career here we could have asked for and if he has substance abuse issues they are gonna get tested this year with him on the bench. 

also should have drafted Sam Howell 

Name the QBs and I’d bet you they were playing with the second unit, guys that will actually be on the team. 

7 hours ago, NAS said:

Skylar Thompson   121.3
Desmond Ridder     98.0

But its not rhules fault

2 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But its not rhules fault

Ironically I think this snapshot exposes the flaws in your argument.  Yes Rhule is at the bottom where he belongs, but if the head coach is directly and unilaterally responsible for rookie QB performance (which you've made pretty clear is your stance), then that would make your head coach rankings look like:

1. Mike Tomlin

2. Mike McDaniel

3. Arthur Smith

4. Kyle Shanahan

5. Mike Vrabel

6. Bill Belichick

7. Ron Rivera

8. Matt Rhule

1 minute ago, MasterAwesome said:

Ironically I think this snapshot exposes the flaws in your argument.  Yes Rhule is at the bottom where he belongs, but if the head coach is directly and unilaterally responsible for rookie QB performance (which you've made pretty clear is your stance), then that would make your head coach rankings look like:

1. Mike Tomlin

2. Mike McDaniel

3. Arthur Smith

4. Kyle Shanahan

5. Mike Vrabel

6. Bill Belichick

7. Ron Rivera

8. Matt Rhule

you dont think a head coach is directly responsible for the development of qbs?  Plus I never meant to imply he was the sole one coaching him but he is damn sure the one that is involved in the planning of the development. 

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

you dont think a head coach is directly responsible for the development of qbs?  Plus I never meant to imply he was the sole one coaching him but he is damn sure the one that is involved in the planning of the development. 

I would say it depends on the coach right?  Some of the defensive minded coaches (like Bill) let their OCs and QB coaches handle the QBs.  For example I bet Josh McDaniels did way more for the development of Mac Jones than Bill did.  On the other end, Shahan is probably heavily involved in Lance's development.  

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I would say it depends on the coach right?  Some of the defensive minded coaches (like Bill) let their OCs and QB coaches handle the QBs.  For example I bet Josh McDaniels did way more for the development of Mac Jones than Bill did.  On the other end, Shahan is probably heavily involved in Lance's development.  

It was 110% a BB decision to cut cam and roll with mac as a starter.  He knew this work for mac and to not have to worry about cam. 

Edited by mrcompletely11

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It was 110% a BB decision to cut cam and roll with mac as a starter.  He knew this work for mac and to not have to worry about cam. 

Sure, but it was because McDaniels had Mac Jones ready to go by week one.  Mac is the kind of QB McDaniels wanted, not Cam.  Hoyer, Jimmy G, Brady, and now Carr fit the precision pocket passers mold that he loves.  (clearly some on this list are MUCH better at it than the others).

11 hours ago, NAS said:

Skylar Thompson   121.3
Desmond Ridder     98.0

just preseason, but the amount of investment rhule has put in corral is pretty bad. he's been an afterthought. what does anyone expect? i mean rhule understandably has been preoccupied with that QB1 "competition", but this sure doesn't help the surprising reputation rhule has built for not doing a great job developing or getting invested in young players (unless they were baylor/temple guys).

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

just preseason, but the amount of investment rhule has put in corral is pretty bad. he's been an afterthought. what does anyone expect? i mean rhule understandably has been preoccupied with that QB1 "competition", but this sure doesn't help the surprising reputation rhule has built for not doing a great job developing or getting invested in young players (unless they were baylor/temple guys).

Rhule cannot work and chew gum at the same time

20 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

And this year, Belichick will be leaving it in the hands of Matt Patricia and Joe Judge.

Good luck, Mac 😕