• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Bills at Panthers GameDay Thread

Zod

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Just watched a few plays from the game again. The 20 yard pass that went through the two defender hands and Chuba dropped it... that play design was ridiculous. It put the cover 2 corner on an island. The only replay I can post here starts on this link

Does anybody have the pass to run ratio in preseason?

It may be me being hopeful, but are we passing more, particulaly on first down?

Might we actually see an O like McAdoo did his first 2 years in NY?

14 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Just watched a few plays from the game again. The 20 yard pass that went through the two defender hands and Chuba dropped it... that play design was ridiculous. It put the cover 2 corner on an island. The only replay I can post here starts on this link

Tremble was wiiiide open underneath that.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

excellent play design IMO. 

Yeah, one of the comments I've made a couple times this preseason is that I've liked McAdoo's play designs.

Brady was good in that department too but didn't understand situational play calling, adjustments or much at all of the higher level stuff.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, one of the comments I've made a couple times this preseason is that I've liked McAdoo's play designs.

Brady was good in that department too but didn't understand situational play calling, adjustments or much at all of the higher level stuff.

I personally think Brady often panicked while in role. He had a few play designs he would just call too frequently. It was too weird, bc in 2020 he had some fun play designs with some nice wrinkles. However, in 2021 he started having Robby run possession routes, we had limited to no presnap movements, our run play designs were as vanilla as they got.  It was almost like he forgot. 

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1

50 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Does anybody have the pass to run ratio in preseason?

It may be me being hopeful, but are we passing more, particulaly on first down?

Might we actually see an O like McAdoo did his first 2 years in NY?

Matt Rhule: I had to fire Joe Brady because he didn't run enough 

also Matt Rhule

hires a new OC that passes at a higher ratio than Joe Brady

54 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tremble was wiiiide open underneath that.

I think that was more because they were playing a soft zone. Tremble was 2 yards past LoS and may have picked up two more. Woulda been 3rd and 8ish. He was the checkdown and I'm sure that's where Buffalo wanted him to go to, but he didn't and the tape says the rest.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Luciu5 said:

I think that was more because they were playing a soft zone. Tremble was 2 yards past LoS and may have picked up two more. Woulda been 3rd and 8ish. He was the checkdown and I'm sure that's where Buffalo wanted him to go to, but he didn't and the tape says the rest.

Tremble runs hard enough that I'd probably give him more than that with some open space to get going.

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

didn't want to talk pass ratio huh and Rhule rhetoric?  Understandable. 

Pass ratio? Sure.

Joe Brady, on yet another thread?  pass

Rhule hate?  There's no horse left and there hasn't been for while. We're well past horse bits, all that's left is splatter, but we are going to beating the shlt out of whatever's left.

Only wins will change any narrative on Matt Rhule. 

10 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Tremble runs hard enough that I'd probably give him more than that with some open space to get going.

This is likely true unless both those defenders (that missed the actual pass) came crashing down on him immediately. Or, if Chubba was able to block a guy and Tremble handled the other, play could have gone for quite a bit tbh. Hard to predict how things would have unfolded if the ball went Tremble's way.

• Pie 1