• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So... about kicker and a third QB.

Proudiddy

1 minute ago, rayzor said:

I hate preseason games. Such an unnecessary risk to the health of players.

guy got hurt taking practice swings not chasing down a blocked kick, tf that gotta do with preseason? coulda happened warming up at home.

• Beer 3

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

guy got hurt taking practice swings not chasing down a blocked kick, tf that gotta do with preseason? coulda happened warming up at home.

I always believed if you get hurt in preseason, you most likely were at the beginning of the season anyway. Whats the point of getting rid of preseason because you get hurt in weeks 1-3 of it as oppose to weeks 1-3 of regular season? If anything,  you should rather get hurt in preseason.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, KillerKat said:

I always believed if you get hurt in preseason, you most likely were at the beginning of the season anyway. Whats the point of getting rid of preseason because you get hurt in weeks 1-3 of it as oppose to weeks 1-3 of regular season? If anything,  you should rather get hurt in preseason.

At least you would have them for the first 1-3 games of the season, unlike getting hurt in preseason where you lose them before you get any real time out of them in games that count.

If they get hurt in preseason they are useless in real season games.

5 minutes ago, rayzor said:

At least you would have them for the first 1-3 games of the season, unlike getting hurt in preseason where you lose them before you get any real time out of them in games that count.

If they get hurt in preseason they are useless in real season games.

it took me like two decades of watching football to just accept that injuries, no matter when or what they are - are part of the game. like weather, off the field issues, contract issues, coaching / ownership issues, bad calls.

especially the fact that it happened in a warm up is just so poetic. part of the game. part of the ebbs and flows. 

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

Just now, GOAT said:

it took me like two decades of watching football to just accept that injuries, no matter when or what they are - are part of the game. like weather, off the field issues, contract issues, coaching / ownership issues, bad calls.

especially the fact that it happened in a warm up is just so poetic. part of the game. part of the ebbs and flows. 

Accidents happen, but there are some situations you can quit creating that make room for more.

Preseason games aren't necessary. They don't count. Starters and key players shouldn't be put at risk of injury by players from another team; n games that don't count. Getting rid of preseason games eliminates more chances for injury to key players caused by players from another team  

This sucks. Already. Smh. Please stop it on Sam guys. We all would have took the money. This isn't his fault. I feel bad for the guy. They didn't even give him a dignified way out of this mess. They knew what they were going to do with Baker from the time the speculation started. How is Sam going to earn that 19M now?

The classy thing to do for all parties was to part ways before camp and let Sam find another situation instead, MORE waste! Rhules whole strategy just went to heck. Your now QB2 was getting third/fourth team reps and now you have the most undersized QB room in the NFL. 

Do folks now see why we whine about Rhule teams being unprepared, especially for adversity. Now the kicker (close games anybody?!). The Rhule formula is the same. Why should we expect different results like idiots every time?

• Pie 1

I'm not saying that any injury is EVER good, but like some thought last week that Corral getting hurt was a chess move in Rhule's favor, I think Fitt just got his piece to move tonight.  Still, here we are with Baker and PJ, who just about everyone thought was as good as gone.  NFL means Not For Long.

Just now, rayzor said:

Accidents happen, but there are some situations you can quit creating that make room for more.

Preseason games aren't necessary. They don't count. Starters and key players shouldn't be put at risk of injury by players from another team; n games that don't count. Getting rid of preseason games eliminates more chances for injury to key players caused by players from another team  

he was warming up for a kick! what if the same thing happened in practice? this is sucha perfect example of injuries just happen, whether it's practice, preseason or reg. a NON-CONTACT injury.

• Pie 1

Baker, Baker, Baker will have to be tough as nails to save this HC. Mistake after mistake. Valuing the wrong players. Refusing to "build" his own rookie QB since day one. Taking the "easy" way out trying to plug in somebody else's QB and now doing it for the third year in a row. He wasted his tenure. N.F.L.

15 minutes ago, Chaos said:

I'm not saying that any injury is EVER good, but like some thought last week that Corral getting hurt was a chess move in Rhule's favor, I think Fitt just got his piece to move tonight.  Still, here we are with Baker and PJ, who just about everyone thought was as good as gone.  NFL means Not For Long.

Corral was a wasted pick. Someone else would have done wonders with that young man and all his talents. Somebody like Jim Harbaugh, a real QB guru, who took Kaep built a simplistic offense around him and disciplined defense to the Superbowl while racking up a .695 NFL win percentage, would have made Corral look like 2021 Corral.

HE would have valued that pick and at least had him behind the second team line if not the first. He would have protected "the future".

Edited by rippadonn

20 minutes ago, GOAT said:

he was warming up for a kick! what if the same thing happened in practice? this is sucha perfect example of injuries just happen, whether it's practice, preseason or reg. a NON-CONTACT injury.

Calm down fella. Like I said, I'm talking about IN GENERAL. For everyone. He wasn't the only guy that got gurt, you know. And he wasn't the only on at risk of unnecessary injuries caused by players from another team in a game that doesn't count. And yes, I know it wasn't cause by another player, but they were all at risk of it and I just don't like it just like I don't like the probowl.