• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Could Be our “Brees”

1 minute ago, lol_whodat said:

kungfoodude The only choking Drew did was to your team's playoff dreams.  With a good defense during his prime and fair refs, Drew would have had at least three rings. At least your team didn't lose the SB after being up 28-3 🤣.

The thing Drew really did best was take a winning situation and not be able to capitalize on it. 

I mean....Pat Mahomes drug a weak defense to a SB title. Joe Burrow almost did. I guess that is what real elite talent does, not need everything to be perfect around them in the playoffs. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, lol_whodat said:

kungfoodude The only choking Drew did was to your team's playoff dreams.  With a good defense during his prime and fair refs, Drew would have had at least three rings. At least your team didn't lose the SB after being up 28-3 🤣.

Fair refs dude? The refs let y’all get away with murder against Favre  and the Vikes in  the NFC championship game to even get to that Super Bowl. Blatantly. The NFLwanted the “lets get a ring for Katrina hit New Orleans story line”. Enjoy them Crab legs haha

• Pie 3
  • Flames 3
  • Poo 1

Have a good day kungfoodude!  Just stating my opinion - no offense and good luck! Drew really did a lot with a poor defense but his ability to carry the team late in his career was decreasing with age. At one point his ability was on the same level of the QBs you mentioned, especially Mahomes. Sean wanted Mahomes in that draft by the way, but KC jumped us to grab him. 

• Poo 3

18 minutes ago, Move the Panthers to Raleigh said:

I made the mistake of mentioning their lord and savior "Breesus Christ"

Quick throw some cheap bourbon and old mardi gras beads over your right shoulder and mention the Vikings playoff game to make them disappear!

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

15 hours ago, bruceleeroy said:

Baker has a photographic memory and has a very high IQ.  He has the potential to be better than Brees in every single category.

Yeah, nobody is saying Mayfield is not smart.  I was just acknowledging that Brees processed information on the field very well, and that was one of his assets.

Brees also played in an offense that was perfectly suited to his strengths.  That was probably by design, but it had the impact of maximizing his performance and numbers.  Most likely, Mayfield is going to be throwing the ball downfield more often by comparison, which will have an impact on his completion percentage and interceptions.  I expect he will be earning his living with a lot of medium-range passes.

Truth is, I don't think I want Mayfield in the offense Brees mastered.  It would be about like putting Jim Kelly in a WCO.  He can probably do it, but it does not take advantage of his strengths.

If Mayfield can do well in the medium-range passes and take an occasional shot downfield, that will prevent opposing defenses from crowding the line and should open up a number of things, including the run.  It has been a few years since our opponents have had to fear anything down the field.

• Pie 4

That was a fair hit HUDDLER against Favre and even Favre admitted it. I was referring to the no call against the RAMS while your team was at home eating popcorn. And all the crap we put up with b/c Badell wanted to make an example out of our team for so many years (BS bounty program that most teams were running). Don't give me the BS, we know our team was playing just as fair as every other team in the NFL.  

• Poo 2

Just now, lol_whodat said:

That was a fair hit HUDDLER against Favre and even Favre admitted it. I was referring to the no call against the RAMS while your team was at home eating popcorn. And all the crap we put up with b/c Badell wanted to make an example out of our team for so many years (BS bounty program that most teams were running). Don't give me the BS, we know our team was playing just as fair as every other team in the NFL.  

Well, when you run a lawless, illegal, poo organization for a decade, those are the consequences. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, lol_whodat said:

The Saints got away with multiple penalties that game. As far as the non call goes. That’s just karma for all the years the refs played storymode for you. 

• Beer 2
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

joemac if you looked at the stats, you would see that the Saints didn't get called for more illegal hits then most teams the year of the so called bounty program. Badell used the Saints as an example and in turn tried to help every other team in the South/NFC. If it was such a bad program, don't you agree that the refs calls would show they were dirty plays with yellow flags?

• Poo 3

8 minutes ago, lol_whodat said:

Done talking to y'all now and can't wait to beat your team with Lobber Legs again. By the way at FSU it wasn't crab legs... Have fun believing that your team will actually have a winning record again with no coach. 

You guys have a coach?  Is Kamara suspended yet for jumping that guy?  Is Thomas injured yet?

PS Winston is a creep

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2341841-jameis-winstons-rape-accuser-documents-experience-in-the-hunting-ground

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1