• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Practice tweets

Jackie Lee

19 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

dont forget these players are still vying for spots on the practice squad. The cuts wont just be for the 53, but the 15 practice spots as well. So if you have fringe players... every practice counts.

Yeah, but the practical side of me says with gas prices, driving into work only to get fired is insult to injury.  Most of these guys cut will be working normal jobs here shortly.  Tell me on the out the door when I'm going home anyway.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

Yeah, but the practical side of me says with gas prices, driving into work only to get fired is insult to injury.  Most of these guys cut will be working normal jobs here shortly.  Tell me on the out the door when I'm going home anyway.

To be fair though, a higher number of them than in past years will stick around for practice squad jobs.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, tukafan21 said:

Just guessing here.... but these guys have worked their whole lives for a shot at playing in the NFL, I doubt they give two shits about paying for gas to get to practice if it gives them even a 1% chance of impressing the coaches on that last day to earn a spot on either the full roster or even just the practice squad.

Hell, even if you told them they would be cut the following day, I'm guessing they'd still be willing to pay that gas money (and their time) to show up to a final practice to hopefully look good so the coaches might think of you if they need to sign someone later.

That's the reason it is STUPID to do all you cuts at once.  I get holding judgement on the last few bubble players and maybe that last practice can be the difference maker.  But dudes that have no chance in hell of making the roster, just tell them today and save them from having to come back only to be told they are fired as soon as they walk in the door.  Yes, cuts day of, players are generally told as soon as they arrive.

• Flames 1