• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mayfield comment on the Browns game

Mr. Scot

I fully approve the comment. I want a QB with swagger. Loser mentality doesn't win games. Lets fuging go!

Reporter should have never repeated something said in casual conversation. Baker should know not to say something to a reporter that he doesn't want repeated. But, maybe he did know and was hoping it gets leaked.

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Is there actual audio or is this just poorly worded? 🤔

Here's her full backpedal

First of all she said it, not him, it wasn't about the Browns but in general, and he just agreed.  She says she shouldn't have reported it, because its been twisted.

Edited by poundaway

17 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

That's the part that I don't think matters outside of media and fans. I don't see anyone going easy on Sam just because he's modest. 

None if it matters as long as they produce. It becomes ridiculous bullshit if they don't.  

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

And those words will not help him f**k Cleveland up. Talk is cheap. Running ones mouth does not make them Steve Smith. 

You don't think a team that has went 5-11 and 5-12 the last two seasons could use a QB with a little fire and moxie about him? I personally think it is exactly what they need... I'd bet the team has his back (the one which has that big target on it).

• Pie 2

Just now, Dragoon11 said:

You don't think a team that has went 5-11 and 5-12 the last two seasons could use a QB with a little fire and moxie about him? I personally think it is exactly what they need... I'd bet the team has his back (the one which has that big target on it).

That excites fans but it means nothing if the guy is a jag. Win something then he can talk trash.

I think we need to get used to this media shlt with Baker.

Odell's father didn't post a video, he retweeted one from some fan.  Odel and Baker were friends.  Many Cleveland players said the locker room cancer stuff was over blown and largely crap.

Baker the a-hole meme is the media's schtick for now, and they'll lie and twist in order to promote it, for click and eyeballs, and yes, this shlt is done by "legitimate" and "verified" media. 

Its like that Netflix catfish story on T'eo.  Not a single "legitimate" media outlet bothered to look up anything about T'eo's gf.  Not one.  It took a website with 5 guys to actually look into it.

Edited by poundaway

5 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Except Frelund says that Baker didn't say it sooo.

No, she didn't.

She did say that she stated some things first, but never claimed he didn't say what was reported.

In the same vein, she tweeted this...

There's no denial in anything from her that the quote isn't what he said.

9 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Except Frelund says that Baker didn't say it sooo.

I think it just sounded that way, but if you listen again, I think she's telling us what she said and then quickly changes to what he responded.  It definitely does sound like a nothing statement that's been blown way out of proportion though

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

No, she didn't.

She did say that she stated some things first, but never claimed he didn't say what was reported.

In the same vein, she tweeted this...

There's no denial in anything from her that the quote isn't what he said.

Watch the video I posted.  She absolutely said that she said it and Baker agreed.

She said "Go f them up."  Not about the Browns, but in general.  He agreed.  She said this multiple times, out of her mouth, in front of a camera dude.