• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Waiver Wire / Free Agent Activity

Mr. Scot

As interested as I am in learning if we have any waiver requests in, I am interested to know who the team will sacrifice from the current 53-man roster.  We already know we are signing a K.

Everyone wants to mention Michael Jordan, but with 9 OL, you might want to look somewhere else. 

I would go with the following to be cut/sent to PS:

Stephen Sullivan, TE  (With Ian and Tremble with Ricci as 3rd TE/FB, a 4th TE is overkill.)

Nixon or Hoskins, DT.  (I am confident the 380-lb McCall turned enough heads to keep a NT position, so I think they will have to attempt to move a DT to the PS.)

Stantley Thomas-Oliver III, CB.  (Not sure how many you need, and STO3 is good on special teams, but with Hartsfield as a hybrid, that would leave us with 5 CBs.

NOTE: Nearly 10% (5) of the 53-man roster is from Temple.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

As interested as I am in learning if we have any waiver requests in, I am interested to know who the team will sacrifice from the current 53-man roster.  We already know we are signing a K.

Everyone wants to mention Michael Jordan, but with 9 OL, you might want to look somewhere else. 

I would go with the following to be cut/sent to PS:

Stephen Sullivan, TE  (With Ian and Tremble with Ricci as 3rd TE/FB, a 4th TE is overkill.)

Nixon or Hoskins, DT.  (I am confident the 380-lb McCall turned enough heads to keep a NT position, so I think they will have to attempt to move a DT to the PS.)

Stantley Thomas-Oliver III, CB.  (Not sure how many you need, and STO3 is good on special teams, but with Hartsfield as a hybrid, that would leave us with 5 CBs.

NOTE: Nearly 10% (5) of the 53-man roster is from Temple.

I think they will IR Sam for a few weeks freeing up the spot for a kicker, then drop PJ and bring him to the practice squad once Sam is healthy. 

• Pie 8

1 minute ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I think they will IR Sam for a few weeks freeing up the spot for a kicker, then drop PJ and bring him to the practice squad once Sam is healthy. 

I do too.  Just think we have to have a claim or two on the waiver wire, and at #6, we could get one. 

I think Sullivan is the first to go if that happens.

I could see Sean Chandler at safety being cut, he's a liability in coverage and is behind Chinn, Woods, Burris, Hartsfield, and also Franklin who has sub package LB'er ability. 

Rolling with just two TE's and an H-Back is not something I see them doing, Sullivan offers more than a depth safety at best in Chandler. 

Just my .02

• Pie 3

25 minutes ago, SetfreexX said:

I could see Sean Chandler at safety being cut, he's a liability in coverage and is behind Chinn, Woods, Burris, Hartsfield, and also Franklin who has sub package LB'er ability. 

Rolling with just two TE's and an H-Back is not something I see them doing, Sullivan offers more than a depth safety at best in Chandler. 

Just my .02

Burris was cut.

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not us but do some guys not have to go through the waiver wire? Or do they already know they're not getting claimed?

The difference is being waived versus being released. A four year veteran can be released and can be a free agent available to sign anywhere immediately. Newer players must go through the waiver wire.

• Pie 2