• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

17 minutes ago, CPF4LIFE said:

The league being split on stroud is exactly the scenario we need since we wont be picking number one or maybe even top 5. 

Of the 4 choices in the first round, I guess I'm in the Stroud camp...reluctantly.  Tua is like on steroids compared to Young and Tua stays beat up.  Levis just doesn't have what it takes and Richardson is either a bust or a minimum of a 3-year project.

• Pie 2

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Of the 4 choices in the first round, I guess I'm in the Stroud camp...reluctantly.  Tua is like on steroids compared to Young and Tua stays beat up.  Levis just doesn't have what it takes and Richardson is either a bust or a minimum of a 3-year project.

If you force me to take a QB the only one is Stroud but even, he worries me.  

Still onboard with McCall.  There isn't a clear number 1 QB for me this year.  I haven't read through this entire thread so not sure if this has been posted but it's a pretty good writeup. 

2023 NFL Draft: Coastal Carolina QB Grayson McCall’s Draft Outlook - Visit NFL Draft on Sports Illustrated, the latest news coverage, with rankings for NFL Draft prospects, College Football, Dynasty and Devy Fantasy Football.

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, HPPantherzfan said:

Still onboard with McCall.  There isn't a clear number 1 QB for me this year.  I haven't read through this entire thread so not sure if this has been posted but it's a pretty good writeup. 

2023 NFL Draft: Coastal Carolina QB Grayson McCall’s Draft Outlook - Visit NFL Draft on Sports Illustrated, the latest news coverage, with rankings for NFL Draft prospects, College Football, Dynasty and Devy Fantasy Football.

Funny thing is some draft sites have him sitting as a 7th rounder or UDFA right now.  If he declares and once scouts get eyes on him, his draft stock will jump.  I agree with the article and I've said this all along, his peak will be the 2nd round, no way the first.  The 3rd round is the sweet spot.   Depending on how hot his stock gets, I'd like to use a day 2 pick on him, that is if we don't take a QB in the first round obviously. 

I'm staying the course though, Michael Mayer in the first round.

For all those people pounding the table for a QB and upset we didn't tank hard enough to get "The Guy", look at this track record for those still around starting/contributing:

2011-Andy Dalton: Rd3-#35

2012-Ryan Tannehill: Rd1-#8, Russell Wilson: Rd3-#12

2013-Geno Smith:Rd2-#7

2014-Derek Carr: Rd2-#4, Jimmy G. Rd2-#30

2015-BOTH BENCHED****Jameis Winston: Rd1-#1, Marucs Mariota: Rd1-#2

2016-*Jared Goff: Rd1-#1, *Carson Wentz-Rd1-#2, Jacoby Brissettt: Rd3-#29, Dak Prescott: Rd4-#37

*cast-offs from draft team as 'franchise QBs.'

2017-Patrick Mahommes:Rd1-#10, Deshaun Watson: Rd1-#12

2018-Baker Mayfield: Rd1-#1, Sam Darnold: Rd1-#3, Josh Allen: Rd1-#7, Lamar Jackson: Rd1-#32

2019-Kyler Murray: Rd1-#1, Daniel Jones: Rd1-#6

***2020-2022 are still on rookie deals, so the jury is still out on them.***

Let that sink in guys.  Kyler is the ONLY entrenched former #1 overall that is still standing.  His play is marginal at best.  So you see, a team doesn't have to tank for the #1 overall pick to get their QB.

Just now, 45catfan said:

Oh well, McCall entered the transfer portal.  I guess he's going to try to go to a bigger school that runs a more traditional/pro style offense to boost his draft stock.

This QB class keeps getting thinner and thinner.

Is it boosting draft stock or taking more NIL money than what a rookie deal would have paid him?

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, jayboogieman said:

Is it boosting draft stock or taking more NIL money than what a rookie deal would have paid him?

Both.  I can see him pulling a Russell Wilson and going to a competitive program lacking a QB for a year, putting that team in serious contention and cementing his stock. He's got to stay healthy though.  Missing just a few games this year hurt his stock some.  Yeah, the NIL money should be good too.

• Pie 2

9 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Both.  I can see him pulling a Russell Wilson and going to a competitive program lacking a QB for a year, putting that team in serious contention and cementing his stock. He's got to stay healthy though.  Missing just a few games this year hurt his stock some.  Yeah, the NIL money should be good too.

Maybe