• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

If we're talking whose made consistent Sunday-level throws...I'm ALL in on Clayton Tune.  My suspicion is teams have noticed; he just seems like a dude. Stone cold.

O'Connell and Haener have impressed me as well.  Even with the school returns, there's a lot more mid-round talent than usual at the QB spot.  Not many top-of-draft guys, but a lot in the likes of how ones like Minshew, Prescott, Cousins, & Love were viewed as prospects.  I like them better than last year's round 3 batch, but not enough to have as top-end 1sts.  

My Current Rankings:

1. Bryce Young (Top 5)

2. CJ Stroud (Top 12)

3. Anthony Richardson (Top 20)

*4- Jayden Daniels - Return to LSU? (Rd 1)

4. Tanner McKee (Rd 1-2)

5. Will Levis (Rd 1-2) Yes, I'd rather have Daniels & McKee over Levis

*6- Cameron Ward - Return to WSU? (Rd 2-3)

6. Clayton Tune (Rd 2-3)

7. Aidan O'Connell (Rd 3-4)

8. Max Duggan (Rd 3-4) 

---this is around where I'd peg Corral & Ridder---

9. Jake Haener (Rd 4-6)

10. Jaren Hall (Rd 4-6)

11. Hendon Hooker (Rd 4-6)

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm pretty much all in on Anthony Richardson at this point. Go big or go home. Take a swing on the boom or bust guy with the highest ceiling in the draft. Yeah, he very well may bust. If he does, swing again. But when you're mired in mediocrity you have to take chances. Taking a "safe" QB is just asking for more perpetual mediocrity. Stroud and Young are going to be out of reach. Hell, depending on the interview process Richardson very well may be too.

I agree on the philosophy and we may honestly end up in a very ideal spot to land him. 

The Richardson, FA/Darnold, & Corral route may be one to go for our QB group.  

And then, if we like a guy later to take a stab on in R4-6, might as well.  Competition never hurts.   

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm pretty much all in on Anthony Richardson at this point. Go big or go home. Take a swing on the boom or bust guy with the highest ceiling in the draft. Yeah, he very well may bust. If he does, swing again. But when you're mired in mediocrity you have to take chances. Taking a "safe" QB is just asking for more perpetual mediocrity. Stroud and Young are going to be out of reach. Hell, depending on the interview process Richardson very well may be too.

Knowing Young is going before we can pick, Richardson has as much upside as any of the others.  He gives you redzone and short yardage gold as well.  If he has the desire and work ethic to be great he can be a difference maker.  

I think you better to be ready to always be wanting more with passing accuracy with him.  He is wildly inaccurate at times.  Just fact.  Still, I can’t wait to see Stroud against Georgia because Richardson as the #2 guy in this draft isn’t a stretch.

If Young doesn’t go #1 I will be shocked.  He is clearly the best QB

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 3

Todd McShay had Detroit taking CJ Stroud in his mock today.  Gotta say my first thought was is CJ Stroud better than Jared Goff?  Really don’t think they would pick him.  Not seeing it.  They need defense and they are seriously on the rise.  

CJ dropping is a possibility.  Average athlete and he is being a bit overrated right now

• Pie 1

On 12/13/2022 at 9:34 AM, Bear Hands said:

If we're talking whose made consistent Sunday-level throws...I'm ALL in on Clayton Tune.  My suspicion is teams have noticed; he just seems like a dude. Stone cold.

O'Connell and Haener have impressed me as well.  Even with the school returns, there's a lot more mid-round talent than usual at the QB spot.  Not many top-of-draft guys, but a lot in the likes of how ones like Minshew, Prescott, Cousins, & Love were viewed as prospects.  I like them better than last year's round 3 batch, but not enough to have as top-end 1sts.  

My Current Rankings:

1. Bryce Young (Top 5)

2. CJ Stroud (Top 12)

3. Anthony Richardson (Top 20)

*4- Jayden Daniels - Return to LSU? (Rd 1)

4. Tanner McKee (Rd 1-2)

5. Will Levis (Rd 1-2) Yes, I'd rather have Daniels & McKee over Levis

*6- Cameron Ward - Return to WSU? (Rd 2-3)

6. Clayton Tune (Rd 2-3)

7. Aidan O'Connell (Rd 3-4)

8. Max Duggan (Rd 3-4) 

---this is around where I'd peg Corral & Ridder---

9. Jake Haener (Rd 4-6)

10. Jaren Hall (Rd 4-6)

11. Hendon Hooker (Rd 4-6)

You have Jayden in the first?  If he gets told he has a first round grade he might leave early, but I am not 100% sure he will...

17 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Right there was a solid 3rd round that suddenly went poof!image.png.b08b7739c6489f8d062b221c3fd98375.png

I'm honestly not sure if D.J. would've even been signed as a UDFA. Dude looked legitimately terrible. He's probably headed to a non-P5 school because I'm not sure there's a P5 team out there that will guarantee him a starting spot.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You have Jayden in the first?  If he gets told he has a first round grade he might leave early, but I am not 100% sure he will...

That's me, may not be popular but totally think he could be a first rounder.  Has too many tools to pass on from my view.  He had a phenomenal year and has as much upside as AR but is miles more refined as a passer.  Had some great wins, tight throws, accurate, NFL arm, and is a madman on his feet.  He beefed up from 185 to around 200 this year, so has conditioned himself into quite the ideal size.  I think he's the total package AZ State fans thought he could become.  

• Pie 1

28 minutes ago, Bear Hands said:

That's me, may not be popular but totally think he could be a first rounder.  Has too many tools to pass on from my view.  He had a phenomenal year and has as much upside as AR but is miles more refined as a passer.  Had some great wins, tight throws, accurate, NFL arm, and is a madman on his feet.  He beefed up from 185 to around 200 this year, so has conditioned himself into quite the ideal size.  I think he's the total package AZ State fans thought he could become.  

He is definitely flying under the radar. Only threw 3 INTs last year playing in a tough conference.