• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

This is how much this QB class dried up.  It's a far-out snapshot of the 2024 class.  All but Caleb Williams was initially projected to declare this year.  Add Williams and *argh* Drake Maye to that equation and the situation looks a heck of a lot better a year from now.

But we have to settle for either Levis and/or Richardson?

image.png.f53a4f255523d0d21e1777427ea441b7.png

On 12/4/2022 at 7:48 PM, Stuart Smith said:

I would love to see Hendon Hooker do well. The reservation I have about him is that by training camp he will be 25 and coming off an injury. I would love to see him succeed, especially since he is a NC native. 

I would love us to draft Hooker. However, coming off an injury and his age at 25 will hurt him. I expect him to be maybe a late 2nd at best. 

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Would you rather stay at 8 and get AR or trade up to 2 for stroud? 

Stay at 8 and get AR.

1. We don't lose any future picks

2. AR has the highest upside in this draft

3. Stroud is a good passer, but still a bit of a project.  If we are going the project route it's go big or go home for me.

4. Seeing how terrible Florida played with AR against a PAC12 defense helped prove just how bad that team was around AR.  He is the only thing that made them look halfway decent...

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Stay at 8 and get AR.

1. We don't lose any future picks

2. AR has the highest upside in this draft

3. Stroud is a good passer, but still a bit of a project.  If we are going the project route it's go big or go home for me.

4. Seeing how terrible Florida played with AR against a PAC12 defense helped prove just how bad that team was around AR.  He is the only thing that made them look halfway decent...

I am torn here.  I believe in my heart of hearts stroud wins the division next year.  He is competent enough and certainly talented enough to project this franchise forward.  However I realize there is a ceiling for him.  AR on the other hand could propel this team in another stratosphere.  Simply watching what Mahoomes and allen did yesterday is damn near enticing enough but man I am just not sure of the timeline.  Gun to my head I would want to trade up if its not something crazy.   But a developed AR could make us a perennial nfc contender. 

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I am torn here.  I believe in my heart of hearts stroud wins the division next year.  He is competent enough and certainly talented enough to project this franchise forward.  However I realize there is a ceiling for him.  AR on the other hand could propel this team in another stratosphere.  Simply watching what Mahoomes and allen did yesterday is damn near enticing enough but man I am just not sure of the timeline.  Gun to my head I would want to trade up if its not something crazy.   But a developed AR could make us a perennial nfc contender. 

I think it takes several 1st round picks to move up though… Stroud is the safer pick, but if he busts you are screwed from the investment. Basically at least 3 1st rounders if you include this year’s.

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Also (just playing Devil's Advocate) how does it look is AR is playing on OSU's roster and vice versa??

8 hours ago, 45catfan said:

This is how much this QB class dried up.  It's a far-out snapshot of the 2024 class.  All but Caleb Williams was initially projected to declare this year.  Add Williams and *argh* Drake Maye to that equation and the situation looks a heck of a lot better a year from now.

But we have to settle for either Levis and/or Richardson?

image.png.f53a4f255523d0d21e1777427ea441b7.png

Not a big loss really. Most of the guys that stayed and transferred didn't have good seasons and looked worse than they did in 2021, except maybe DJ. He was terrible his entire tenure at Clemson.

• Pie 1

16 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I could see Chicago and Seattle staying put for Anderson and Carter because there’s a drop off after those guys

I could see Seattle taking a QB though. I know everyone loves Geno this year but his projected contract makes a rookie deal look really good. 

If Zona picks 4 they’d be wise to trade down. They could get their OT at 8 if we needed to trade up (we will). Zona has a ton of holes and could really use extra picks much like Chicago but. 

It’s seriously so damn important we just lose out. Now Zona still plays Atlanta and the Broncos play the Rams. Indy has Houston left so we could move to 6th. Those 4 QB’s are most likely going in top 10 due to the fact there’s so many teams that legitimately need to take their shot on a QB.

If we win another game or two or god forbid win the south, it’s more likely they just trade for someone new again this offseason. One of Love or Rodgers will be available, I’m thinking Lamar will be tagged and could be had, Mike White is a FA, maybe Brock Purdy has the Niners trying to recoup picks for Lance… regardless just lose out so we don’t go down this path again

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1