• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official 2023 QB Watch

saX man

CJ Stroud

6'3 215 OSU

GettyImages-1237523785.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

An OSU quarterback that may translate to the big leagues?? Dare that be the case? He looked very solid against a strong opponent week 1.  Didn't blow the lid off but made zero mistakes in a high stakes game to start the year.  Momentum looks good for Stroud to be QB1.  

Tyler Van Dyke

6'4 225 Miami

USATSI_17242134_168386526_lowres.jpg

Had a flawless game against an inferior opponent.  Effortless.  Looks very strong out of the gate.

Bryce Young

6'1 195 Alabama

bryce-young-cfp-indy-g.png

Obliterated Utah State with 6 touchdowns, 5 in the air.  Love how he moves in the pocket.  He just looks cool doing the QB thing, love the footwork and throwing motion.  Just a smooth operated.  Balanced, comfortable.

Anthony Richardson

6'4 232 Florida 

anthony-richardson.jpg

Beat a strong Utah game in a close one.  Huge game on the ground, mistake free in the air.  

*to add more

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Panthercougar68 said:

It's early but Anthony Richardson is already my season riser. CJ had a rough outing without his WR1.

I was at the game, OL gave him little time to operate, a lot of improv and actually did really well once they got the play calling rhythm back. Clear that they game planned a lot of stuff for JSN and then had to reroute with the younger guys. 

12 hours ago, saX man said:

CJ Stroud

6'3 215 OSU

GettyImages-1237523785.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

An OSU quarterback that may translate to the big leagues?? Dare that be the case? He looked very solid against a strong opponent week 1.  Didn't blow the lid off but made zero mistakes in a high stakes game to start the year.  Momentum looks good for Stroud to be QB1.  

Tyler Van Dyke

6'4 225 Miami

USATSI_17242134_168386526_lowres.jpg

Had a flawless game against an inferior opponent.  Effortless.  Looks very strong out of the gate.

Bryce Young

6'1 195 Alabama

bryce-young-cfp-indy-g.png

Obliterated Utah State with 6 touchdowns, 5 in the air.  Love how he moves in the pocket.  He just looks cool doing the QB thing, love the footwork and throwing motion.  Just a smooth operated.  Balanced, comfortable.

Anthony Richardson

6'4 232 Florida 

anthony-richardson.jpg

Beat a strong Utah game in a close one.  Huge game on the ground, mistake free in the air.  

*to add more

Three of the four will be out of our range. I'm okay with that, because there's a dude balling out under the national radar in Conway, SC.  At this early juncture I am circling my 1st rounder as TE Micheal Mayer.  Then, if we need a QB, get him in the second and McCall should be there.  Why?  We will not be a top 15 pick unless the wheels absolutely come off.  It's early, but the TE class is looking thin and Mayer is the dude we need to replace Greg Olsen.  Get the guy we need.  What about Tremble?  If dude can't beat out Ricci beyond this year as our H-back, then we have a serious problem with Tommy.  No matter how this staff tries to prop up Ian Thomas, dude will never be more than a JAG.  Let him play his contract out and move on.

Add Levis to the Richardson, Young and Stroud group and you have 4 intriguing prospects

I’m not as high on Stroud and Young as most who think they’re going 1 and 2 but can see why people like them

I think we’re in a great position to take a big swing if we fall in love with a QB in this draft next year 

Our roster/cap is set up nicely for a rookie QB and his rookie contract 

• 2 weeks later...

There is a lot of potential in this group, but will they live up to it and go beyond potential and upside? My very unpopular opinion is that this years QB group is over hyped. Some of them remind me of the Tua hype. And I think he was waaaay over rated coming out. Admittedly I have no insights to back this up, just a gut feel. So feel free to bash my opinion 😂

1 hour ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Has anyone watched that kid from Cuse Garret Shrader?   He is getting some underground publicity with his accuracy and being big and kindof mobile.  I dont really follow cuse but his highlights on youtube from this year compared to his past is interesting

I'll have to check him out.  Jayden Daniels (LSU from ASU) has some potential as well.  He looked great his freshman year at ASU then kind of fizzled.  A good year at LSU against some good defenses could be a nice path to the draft for him.