• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Roar - Aftermath

mrcompletely11

23 minutes ago, weyco2000 said:

John Boy and Billy from WRFX morning show? No I didn’t click the link to listen because I already know the content based on your posting history. Just figured I’d clutter up your thread, as you do to others. 

Oh no not cluttered threads that would really spoil our party celebrating our 10-24 record with Matt Rhule!

Edited by frankw
  • Pie 3
  • Beer 4
  • Poo 1

21 minutes ago, frankw said:

Oh no not cluttered threads that would really spoil our party celebrating our 10-24 record with Matt Rhule!

Hey thanks for the help.  But hey, that's all you do.

Listened to the podcast. 

In a nutshell they think we should stop the run game.   Wow, didn't think of that.

• Flames 3

3 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Listened to the podcast. 

In a nutshell they think we should stop the run game.   Wow, didn't think of that.

Run defense was a major liability last season and we sat on our hands even after losing players like Reddick. At the end of the day we didn't do enough to prevent this from continuing to be a thorn in our side. That's on mgmt.

• Beer 1

I don't understand why the officiating isn't considered a problem by either John or Billy.  Their argument is that the Panthers shouldn't have let it be that close.  Ok, fair enough.  However, what if both teams had played out of their minds - a great game.  Then that call gets made at the end and the Panthers lose.  Is it a problem then?

Officials need to be held accountable.  The rule in question is actually pretty clear, and it wasn't called the way it was written.  Had it been called that way, you're faced with the prospect of a rookie kicker making an NFL record field goal.  I'll take that.

My point here is that the performance of either team should not impact the officiating.  Whether a team is performing well or poorly, the officiating should be the same.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Run defense was a major liability last season and we sat on our hands even after losing players like Reddick. At the end of the day we didn't do enough to prevent this from continuing to be a thorn in our side. That's on mgmt.

Wow.  So insightful.  No clutter there.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Flames 1