• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule: We don't need to make any changes, we just need to battle through it right now.

Proudiddy

27 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Merchandise is (partly) shared revenue. Panthers specific merchandise doesn't go to Tepper, it goes to the league as a whole then is split. It's one of the reason a few years ago Jerry Jones called out Paul Brown at team meetings. Brown was bringing the whole league down with his stingy bullshit.

Concessions are team specific, but honestly the margins on those are kind of trash and are more than offset by what he's bringing in from MLS/concerts etc. Plus I can't imagine the fans that actually do go to the games are drinking LESS

Panthers have PSLs. Those seats are already sold. It's why even in their 1-15 seasons, they technically sold out every game even though the stadiums were 30% full.

And Tepper has shown he will fuging eat a loss just to prove a point. He took a bath on the South Carolina facility just because he didn't want to pay a little extra to the city. But he's at the point of wealth it doesn't matter. 

edit* sorry, merchandise is partially shared, but I can't look up the exact split right now

This right here is why I loathe that he was ever awarded the franchise.  It really is just a flex for him.  The NFL is a money-printing machine...  he just wanted in the club and doesn't give a poo about the results.  If he did, Rhule wouldn't have been brought back this season.  If he's even half as intelligent as he is portrayed to be, he already knew wtf it was...  and he still brought him back knowing it's a losing bet.  But his money is made...  maybe he cares about winning down the line, but he definitely doesn't right now, and the way revenues and such are setup, there's nothing that can be done to make him really feel our discontent.  

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

Petrino forfeited his contract, however it was generally accepted that A.) he wasn't going to see the rest of the Falcons contract after the Vick situation and B.) he actually got paid a lot more than his both is Falcons contract and what were the official numbers in Arkansas.

The big rumor was that Jerry Jones paid him under the table. 

And Rhule would be entering into a new contract with whatever college hired him.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And Rhule would be entering into a new contract with whatever college hired him.

if he wanted to. I imagine he'd take a year and a half off, go to the studio, and wait for the right situation. 

Gotta think he doesn't want to enter the job market the same year as Urban (might) be doing. Plus doing the studio year lets him work the phones and figure out where the next situation is.

I don't think anyone actually wants to go to Nebraska. 

I just don't buy that Rhule is trying to turn it around here.  He knew he was in over his head last season.  It was rumored there were feelers put out there when USC and Oklahoma opened up last season...  I think he knew then he wasn't built for the pros and was looking for a way back and fully expected to be fired.  But of course, Tepper stuck with him...  And I think he's been going through the motions ever since.  And I also suspect it has something to do with his contract and the offset language stuff...  I'm pretty sure he wants to get fired rather than quit so he can maximize his money, so it's Tepper's call.  Otherwise it just makes no sense that he is in his third year, was given experienced assistants to prop him up, and he's still not shown a bit of improvement.  He wants out, he just doesn't want to quit.

Just now, electro's horse said:

if he wanted to. I imagine he'd take a year and a half off, go to the studio, and wait for the right situation. 

Gotta think he doesn't want to enter the job market the same year as Urban (might) be doing. Plus doing the studio year lets him work the phones and figure out where the next situation is.

I don't think anyone actually wants to go to Nebraska. 

It's possible.

Kind of hard to picture him being a hot name given the utter failure with the Panthers but all the reporting seems to say that's what he is.

College football is definitely a different world.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

It's possible.

Kind of hard to picture him being a hot name given the utter failure with the Panthers but all the reporting seems to say that's what he is.

College football is definitely a different world.

yeah and i mentioned in another thread that all the prognosticators are assuming he'll be available. 

but unless he gets fired VERY early he won't have first pick on jobs. 

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

yeah and i mentioned in another thread that all the prognosticators are assuming he'll be available. 

but unless he gets fired VERY early he won't have first pick on jobs. 

Feels like a lot of people believe he will.

Lord knows the oddsmakers think so.

I could handle the losing if we just didn't have the talent, but we are losing because we have a head coach and a DC who are ego maniacs. Keeping chubba out there after he drops the ball twice on kick returns is unforgiveable. We gave Ron a lot of flak but that if a player made a mistake, then they were rightfully pulled. Keeping shi in after he drops 3 passes, trips on his own feet, and stopped running on a route that would've been a TD is just inexcusable especially when you have a 2rd pick WR who looked good in camp when healthy and a veteran WR you signed in the offseason who has great chemistry with your QB hasn't seen the field yet this season after looked good in camp. Then there's Snow who for some reason only rushes 3 guys almost every 3rd down. 

38 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Petrino forfeited his contract, however it was generally accepted that A.) he wasn't going to see the rest of the Falcons contract after the Vick situation and B.) he actually got paid a lot more than both his Falcons contract and what the official numbers were in Arkansas.

The big rumor was that Jerry Jones paid him under the table. 

Im pretty sure the Vick stuff happened before Petrino got there.  I dont remember him being held in account of what was going on with Micheal Vick.

9 minutes ago, Randolph Panther said:

Im pretty sure the Vick stuff happened before Petrino got there.  I dont remember him being held in account of what was going on with Micheal Vick.

when he got hired, vick was the QB...which is why petrino took the job. vick got into trouble before petrino could start coaching him and never got to use him, which is why he bailed.