• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Donald behind this Oline...

Jmac

Would he be better behind this Oline? Baker seems to bail out and not step up to throw. Maybe he is trying to get better throwing lanes due to his height. I know they say he has approximately 1.5 seconds to throw before the pocket collapses, which is two blinks of an eye. What's the forum's opinion on this? I'm not suggesting that they throw Darnold in, just want some feedback on what we have seen the last two weeks.

We have a half decade of football that shows Sam Darnold is at his worst when he has time.   

Time gives Sam more time to think and it always goes predictably bad in the end.   He doesn’t see and read a field well.  His throws are consistently late.  

• Pie 6

I thought Mayfield looked bad on the live watch. 

But Go rewatch the game. Every drive is killed by fumbles, penalties, or drops (or a combination). QB play is not the issue. 

Mayfield needs more time to get chemistry, but who wouldn't, but the offense played way better than I thought on re-view, in spite of predictable play calling. 

(One caveat- I've not seen the All22, which would help). 

• Pie 2

32 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Would he be better behind this Oline? Baker seems to bail out and not step up to throw. Maybe he is trying to get better throwing lanes due to his height. I know they say he has approximately 1.5 seconds to throw before the pocket collapses, which is two blinks of an eye. What's the forum's opinion on this? I'm not suggesting that they throw Darnold in, just want some feedback on what we have seen the last two weeks.

who?

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Duh! That’s the main reason I didn’t want Mayfield. Just like in 2020 when I was fine with riding Grier to 0-16, I would have been fine with letting Corral sink or swim. If he was the answer we’d see the flashes and if not, we’d be in great position to draft a better rookie.

The Browns were willing to trade multiple 1sts and commit hundreds of millions of dollars to a sex offender that hasn't played in a year, and is going to miss the better part of this season.  Just so they could attempt to upgrade from Baker Mayfield.

That says a lot about him as a QB imo.

• Beer 1