• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rhule (the college coach)

ncfan

4 hours ago, Waldo said:

I still do not understand how his name was hot at the time of his hire. His resume was not very good yet he was being pumped up and posters here called that out at the time. It was complete BS. Fug the hot name. Give me a competent name.

I can stand a miss but this one was too damn obvious. 'But he made mid teir programs competitive but not good'...in schooll. Who gives AF? Like seriously how good is his agent to make chicken poop into meatballs and Hurney & Tepper ate that all up. He was never a good candidate for HC in the NFL or even school. 

It's the club. First rule, you don't talk about the club.

6 hours ago, Waldo said:

I still do not understand how his name was hot at the time of his hire. His resume was not very good yet he was being pumped up and posters here called that out at the time. It was complete BS. Fug the hot name. Give me a competent name.

I can stand a miss but this one was too damn obvious. 'But he made mid teir programs competitive but not good'...in schooll. Who gives AF? Like seriously how good is his agent to make chicken poop into meatballs and Hurney & Tepper ate that all up. He was never a good candidate for HC in the NFL or even school. 

I think that's oversimplifying it. He was considered someone who could take young moldable athletes and help them overachieve. As a young rebuilding team, it made sense on paper. He didn't even have to be the coach to take us to the Super Bowl, just someone to get us on the right path and build the nucleus of the future. The thing that is so disappointing is how awful he has been at coaching up players. Seems like a lot of the young guys either regressed or at least never made any meaningful strides. I understand that not everyone is going to make it even with excellent coaching but his hit rate has been dreadful.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, ncfan said:

How did this man sell us?

Do we even trust Tepper with the new hire?

Do you remember the big rape scandal at Baylor that almost took down the whole program? That's when they hired Rhule who took them to a Sugar Bowl two years later. He also resurrected  a dead Temple program before that. Look, i think the guy is a failure as an NFL coach too, but let's not try to rewrite history. He had a good college resume.  Remember Urban Meyer? That guy won multiple championships in college before the Jags gig. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, rebelrouser said:

Do you remember the big rape scandal at Baylor that almost took down the whole program? That's when they hired Rhule who took them to a Sugar Bowl two years later. He also resurrected  a dead Temple program before that. Look, i think the guy is a failure as an NFL coach too, but let's not try to rewrite history. He had a good college resume.  Remember Urban Meyer? That guy won multiple championships in college before the Jags gig. 

When ppl are upset and let their emotions run wild. They are liable to say anything to make their little hearts feel better. Venting usually doesn't involve facts.

There were plenty of ppl that thought we made a good hire. 

2 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

I think that's oversimplifying it. He was considered someone who could take young moldable athletes and help them overachieve. As a young rebuilding team, it made sense on paper. He didn't even have to be the coach to take us to the Super Bowl, just someone to get us on the right path and build the nucleus of the future. The thing that is so disappointing is how awful he has been at coaching up players. Seems like a lot of the young guys either regressed or at least never made any meaningful strides. I understand that not everyone is going to make it even with excellent coaching but his hit rate has been dreadful.

It is that simple. I don't know how any of his school coaching was considered overachieving unless you take the media's hype or Hurney's gut as good sources. Baylor was a weak school that beat nobodies, lost to any one good and had a bunch of players drafted that busted. Reddick was the only one that was a win that I can think of and Arizona did everything it could to not use him correctly. RA? Meh, ok player at best. As a non-GAF about what happens with school ball guy it really was never impressive to me on any level. 

It was all hype and no truth. Plenty of posters called it on here. It really is that simple. It happens in the NFL with players every draft and it happens with coaches also. Hell our coaching improvements this year include 2 that were overhyped as coaches, Wilks and McAdoo, that are now trying to salvage their careers from being overpromoted from BS hype and bad choices. 

Edited by Waldo