• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McAdoo Predictable

ncfan

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Well, I certainly hope we spent some time installing some different plays this week because it's frigging Thursday evening and we've got a game on Sunday.

I question whether we can install a bunch of new stuff in just the next two practices.

McAdoo and our players can easily. I've seen high school teams install two formations with a few plays in each in 3 days time. Surely pros can get a new formation with some new plays installed in a weeks time. question is if Rhule deems it necessary or if "we don't need to change anything".

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I'll add that in 17' Wilks did run Ron's zone he also blitzed at the highest rate in panthers history... Don't confuse him with Eric Washington the season after.

RIght. We also had good linebackers then. It's weird to take the front half of Snows D and play Wilk's zone in the back. Doesn't seem like much of a philosophy, just trying random stuff out hoping something works

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

RIght. We also had good linebackers then. It's weird to take the front half of Snows D and play Wilk's zone in the back. Doesn't seem like much of a philosophy, just trying random stuff out hoping something works

It's kinda backasswards tbh our secondary is much better now than it was then and if we are being honest the dline is kind of a push... (37 year old peppers was the only pass rush threat) no secondary can hold up in a soft zone vs the kind of time we are allowing with these dumb 3 man rushs.

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

It's kinda backasswards tbh our secondary is much better now than it was then and if we are being honest the dline is kind of a push... (37 year old peppers was the only pass rush threat) no secondary can hold up in a soft zone vs the kind of time we are allowing with these dumb 3 man rushs.

Yeah and half the time we do blitz they send Jaycee LOL

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

@Jackie Lee We are seriously at the point I think the huddle could do a better job than the current staff (and that's saying somthing considering its at the height of flip out mode)

I'd certainly would agree with you if George Seferit was still here. All he knew was bubble screens and 5 yard slants.

56 minutes ago, Snake said:

Firing Joe Brady might have saved Rhules job for a year but McAdoo is going to get him fired this year. Talk about a terrible scheme. 

Plus the fact there was zero strategy behind the hire. Just the only guy he could convince to take the job and hoped for the best. What a brand

• Beer 1