• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I know we won but this offense is garbage

NAS

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If you would have told me that we were going to win today with those stats … I would have laughed you out of the room. Pretty crazy. Baker was off today for sure. I just don’t think he is the main issue. I think it’s the collective of Play design, player usage, player chemistry and time in the system. 

I agree with both sides.  I don't think anyone could be successful in this system, but I also don't think Baker would be successful on any other team.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Why are you coming at me? Haha. Bc I made fun of your typo and why the 49ers??? 

Is there a reason you want to talk about wording and not McAdoo's body of work as a coordinator here and elsewhere? We can't play against all world quarterbacks like Jacoby Brissett and Jameis Winston every week. Hell we might get lucky against the Cardinals but with Baker playing the way he has even Kyler Murray is going to get his team on the board while we fart around. But Shanahan will definitely step on the gas and not let up so yeah why wouldn't we talk about matchups like that? Are we settling for just squeaking by the Saints or are we actually wanting to compete in the NFC?

If you would have told me that we were going to win today with those stats … I would have laughed you out of the room. Pretty crazy. Baker was off today for sure. I just don’t think he is the main issue. I think it’s the collective of Play design, player usage, player chemistry and time in the system. 

Not me.  The defense was primed for a big game and the tea leaves were showing Winston was banged up.  

I predicted a win this week but I bet next week is a get right game for zona 

• Pie 1

I just don’t think he is the main issue. I think it’s the collective of Play design, player usage, player chemistry and time in the system. 

I would tend to agree also. This offense is a off in almost every way, including a QB who is playing at a level lower than he's ever played before. 

I am really interested to see some All22 footage of the route running this game, as it looked like so many routes clumped receivers and left few outlets or alternate reads. 

I don't get how they're using DJ or CMC, and Robbie seems to be playing shallow. Shenault's route was a breath of fresh air, just nice across the middle. I don't remember other routes run similarly or with such oomph. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Is there a reason you want to talk about wording and not McAdoo's body of work as a coordinator here and elsewhere? We can't play against all world quarterbacks like Jacoby Brissett and Jameis Winston every week. Hell we might get lucky against the Cardinals but with Baker playing the way he has even Kyler Murray is going to get his team on the board while we fart around. But Shanahan will definitely step on the gas and not let up so yeah why wouldn't we talk about matchups like that? Are we settling for just squeaking by the Saints or are we actually wanting to compete in the NFC?

I believe I’ve spent more hours than anyone on this forum Writing about mcadoo and his offense. Lol.

you throwing around the 49ers and Shannahan is just so random. 

you are a hammer looking for a nail, and I’m not in your toolbox 

4 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

I agree with both sides.  I don't think anyone could be successful in this system, but I also don't think Baker would be successful on any other team.

Mayfield was the most successful QB for the Browns since Bernie Kosar - in spite or historically bad coaching and coaching turnover. He just wasn't successful enough, in the eyes of Andrew Berry, to compete with Mahomes and Allen. Right or wrong. 

This is the worst he's ever played, under Rhule and McAdoo, who have never produced successful quarterback play. 

It's the system. It might also be Mayfield is broken now, but he's been successful. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

For the cardinals in general.   There is no hope for our offense.   

I don’t know man… I’d argue that they are in a shittier coaching situation than us. All are struggling coaches , but Kliff is hiding behind talent.  The cardinals struggle mightily without Hopkins on the field. We have played tough defenses the first 3 weeks, and I think cardinals will be the easiest defense we willl get foR the next 4 weeks.

1 minute ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

Mayfield was the most successful QB for the Browns since Bernie Kosar - in spite or historically bad coaching and coaching turnover. He just wasn't successful enough, in the eyes of Andrew Berry, to compete with Mahomes and Allen. Right or wrong. 

This is the worst he's ever played, under Rhule and McAdoo, who have never produced successful quarterback play. 

It's the system. It might also be Mayfield is broken now, but he's been successful. 

I really don't agree that he's been successful.  Just because the Browns have been awful at QB doesn't mean he's got real franchise QB potential.  He had a good season in 2020 because it looked like he was improving, but he has regressed since then.  His decision making and accuracy are too poor to be a good QB.

Just now, TheCasillas said:

I believe I’ve spent more hours than anyone on this forum Writing about mcadoo and his offense. Lol.

you throwing around the 49ers and Shannahan is just so random. 

you are a hammer looking for a nail, and I’m not in your toolbox 

All the more reason why it's not at all unreasonable to ask why you feel like he hasn't opened things up just yet. I mean we said the same thing last year about Joe Brady and not only did that not happen we got worse and he ended up falling on his sword for Rhule. But my sincere apologies for disturbing you with these things sir that was incredibly rude of me.

6 minutes ago, frankw said:

All the more reason why it's not at all unreasonable to ask why you feel like he hasn't opened things up just yet. I mean we said the same thing last year about Joe Brady and not only did that not happen we got worse and he ended up falling on his sword for Rhule. But my sincere apologies for disturbing you with these things sir that was incredibly rude of me.

I don’t know why or if that is even the case man. I just said that I hope that it is the case. 

if we want leverage some use cases.. we could say..

1. New system and using incremental game planning to gradually work through the playbook 

2. baker has only been here for 3 months and probably doesn’t know the entire playbook 100.%

3. The plays are there but the team is not executing

that’s all I got.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1