• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Previous Game is Under Review- Any Specific Requests?

TheCasillas

1 minute ago, Adb6368 said:

Give me the confirmation we all hope- Derrick brown is not a bust and his good play is because of pure talent and not luck

I can already confirm that. He was a beast today. The bust train on brown is probably going to break down if he has one more week like Last week and today.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

The tight ends are also interesting so far. Is Ian Thomas doing anything that Tremble and Ricci couldn't do as well or better? He always seems to whiff on blocks/get handled in man when receiving/generally playing smaller than he is. He's the highest paid dude so coulda saved that $5M if he's not an obvious upgrade when on the field

Just did a rewatch on NFL+ condensed and created some some observations I'd love your breakdown to confirm or refute. The rewatch left me feeling: 

-worse about the run game and play calling specific to run; so many CMC runs up the gut fr too many short gains that seem like eventually will lead to an injury. 

-better about the QB + passing game (but not good about the QB and the passing game, just better than the shitshow it seemed live

-worse about the general offense flow like the first two games, the offense seems to kill drives just as they're getting going

-that it wasn't all dysfunction: the saints coverage had some timely plays that turned scoring drives into field goals

- in rewatching, i think two of Mayfield's passes (one to CMC one to DJ that looked high were tipped slightly driving them higher

-the line seems to be solid at time, but gives up untimely pressures

-I feel worse about predicatability in play calling general

-I feel generally good about the run defense (how it felt after Kamara's first big run)

-much more worried about the pass defense. Zone seemed soft, gave up several sets of big plays, leaving...

-Jameis looking much better in the second viewing, except...

- there were three dropped interceptions by the Panthers (but he's Jameis, so...)

- in general defense did a lot of bending, only really broke twice. Big plays by the D made up for the drives..

-Shenault just seemed to explode when he touched the ball. His two plays stood out again. 

I feel like I could be wrong about any of the above, but that's just how it looked on the second viewing. Felt (slightly) better about offensive execution, worse about playcalling and pass defense, and want to see Shenault enough that maybe it forces opposing defenses to alter schemes and free up CMC and DJ more. 

Another thing, and maybe this is a general question. Has Mayfield thrown a single pump-fake this game or season? He was infamous for double-clutching all the time in CLE, but I don't recall seeing him doing that much this season thus far (but maybe I've just not noticed). 

Edited by AlphabetsEnd
  • Pie 2

1 hour ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm still watching for the first time but I'm guessing for at least 5 of CMC's runs I've heard about. How does CMC run over 20 times and only has like 1 highlight lol

His best run of the game was called back on a holding penalty. In general, in rewatching, the Saints tackling kept him from breaking off anything really special. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

7 minutes ago, AlphabetsEnd said:

His best run of the game was called back on a holding penalty. In general, in rewatching, the Saints tackling kept him from breaking off anything really special. 

Yeah I also saw the Baker hate tweets earlier, but aside from missing a few in the first quarter, the Saints and McAdoo didn't make it very easy on him. FYI I'm just starting the second half and have no clue what happens next

8 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

I can tell you now ickey was responsible a few of the hurries that led to baker taking a sack or throwing it away. However, at least this time it was just getting beat on the line. So progress is there but still needs to Improve on understanding/reading rush packages.

I saw one sack on BC getting beat on a stunt. It looked like the OL played fairly well in this game, TBH. By their standards, at least.