• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All 22 Breakdown Wk 4: Off vs Arizona Def

ChuckWag78

3 hours ago, Newtcase said:

This was a great watch.  Subbed to this guy.  

It's easy to blame McAdoo but man this guy really exposes the lack execution.  No doubt some of the poor execution is on McAdoo though, Ian Thomas is being schemed to do things he cannot do far too often. 

Other things that stood out.

• CMC is good at football.
  • Moton had a bad game and may indeed be dealing with injury.
  • Icky looks very raw at times, not unexpected.
  • Baker is playing better than it appears, needs to be more patient.
  • Execution was poor in key moments and just about everyone took a turn.
  • A lot of the tips came when we were clearly running tempo, formation or circumstance may be tipping defense to abandon rush and get hands up.
  • Quite a few examples of receivers reading the route wrong, breaking it off early or running it lazy.

It was really a team mess taken as a whole.  There were a lot of opportunities to be successful where someone decided it was their turn to screw up.  The only player on the field that played like a professional the entire game was CMC. 

thanks 

It was really a team mess taken as a whole.  There were a lot of opportunities to be successful where someone decided it was their turn to screw up.  The only player on the field that played like a professional the entire game was CMC. 

North Carolina Idk GIF by Carolina Panthers

• Pie 1

I do agree that execution is really hurting, but I don't agree that scheme and playcalling (McAdoo) are not the central problem, across all four games. Having also done some independent All22 viewings, I'd agree with all of these, which is nice to see. I'll have to watch this breakdown and see the specifics:  

• CMC is good at football.
  • Moton had a bad game and may indeed be dealing with injury.
  • Icky looks very raw at times, not unexpected.
  • Baker is playing better than it appears, needs to be more patient.
  • Execution was poor in key moments and just about everyone took a turn.
  • A lot of the tips came when we were clearly running tempo, formation or circumstance may be tipping defense to abandon rush and get hands up.
  • Quite a few examples of receivers reading the route wrong, breaking it off early or running it lazy.

The only thing I'll add is that CMC was also hurt, and still played well when it mattered, even when they were running him up the gut. 

• Pie 1

I'm halfway through, I'd put 70% of the issues on McAdoo, Baker doesn't read the field very well at times, and the line/TE's are pretty sloppy in the run game but for the most part that goes back to the OC and forcing guys into his archaic system. I remember reading articles about how the Browns were struggling with Baker when only* running playing action 25% of the time. I don't even know if we've been running it 10% of the time with McAdoo. 

On 10/5/2022 at 12:26 PM, Newtcase said:

The only player on the field that played like a professional the entire game was CMC. 

I've only watched once, and not with a deep-dive breakdown in mind, but wouldn't Luvu also mostly fall into this category?

He seemed to play well from what I remember, or did he have his moments where he screwed up as well?

1 hour ago, Raskle said:

I've only watched once, and not with a deep-dive breakdown in mind, but wouldn't Luvu also mostly fall into this category?

He seemed to play well from what I remember, or did he have his moments where he screwed up as well?

it was an offensive breakdown only, so CMC was the most blameless.

Luvu played really well, for my two cents from the ALL22 viewings, but didn't get included in Duncan's breakdown. 

• Pie 1

23 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'm halfway through, I'd put 70% of the issues on McAdoo, Baker doesn't read the field very well at times, 

I think the improvement I took away from game 2 to 4, was that on a few plays versus the Cardinals, Mayfield maybe didn't make the best read, but he still took a check down or completed a pass to a TE. Earlier games he scrambled, missed passes entirely. The drops and batted passes really detract how few really bad throws Mayfield made in game 4 versus earlier games. 

Our play action rate is sub 10% I believe, and that is one of Mayfield's strengths. Very odd we're acting like the offense is allergic to it. Even Rodgers says so: https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-aaron-rodgers-impressed-one-baker-mayfield-s-quarterback-skills

Rodgers can't be wrong, right? 

• Beer 1