• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't fire Matt Rhule yet.

TheWiz

Not just yet. 

I've been a Panther fan since 1995 and I've never been this down on this organization from top to bottom. During the Jimmy Clausen at QB, we felt like things were fixable. But this organization is inept at multiple levels... starting with the owner. We dont need to be so quick to blame everything on Matt Rhule that we forget a few things. We only have 4 draft picks next year. We have been unable to attract quality players. Our QB situation has been the worst ever. Christian McCaffrey's career has been wasted and it's likely we can no longer get much compensation for him. And home games are not home games.

So this needs to play all the way out. I am fully confident in this coaching staff's ability to keep sucking this year. Firing Matt Rhule gives us a shot at being mediocre... which is worse than sucking. We need a new coach. We need a new culture. We need a new QB. And we need multiple draft picks. There's a few guys I'd like to keep as a young core. But I would be looking at trading talent to get back into the 2nd -4th round of 2023 draft. (IE: Sending Christian McCaffrey to the Bills for 2023 2nd and a 6th and a future pick.) (Christian McCaffrey, Brian Burns, and Derrick Brown, Robbie Anderson... all on the table.) 

There's alot to be said about coaches. But we need to secure that person as soon as the season is over. There are a few guys out there that can be discussed in another thread.

I would draft CJ Stroud or Bryce Young in a heartbeat. I believe they're going to be legit. BUT, Will Anderson recently stated that Matt Corral was the best QB he ever faced. We have no idea what we have in Matt Corral yet and I believe he needs an opportunity. So if we're able to get back in the late 2nd round or early 3rd, I'm drafting Will Anderson at #1, Hendon Hooker in the 2nd and double dipping at D line with the 3rd pick. 

This is a new low for me. I've never cheered for this team to lose. But at this point.... this team will not get better until everyone in the front office feels what we feel. We have standards. And we wont accept this. 

Edited by TheWiz

7 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no way. that's how you instill a losing culture. it took us years to exorcise that poo when cam got here, keeping rhule and this loser ass brand is gonna leech deep.

eject his ass now or we'll be rehabbing player brains for years to come.

I dont think we need to do anything else to instill losing culture. We already have it

• Pie 3

Canning The Process does nothing to make us more likely to be mediocre.  For this year, there is nobody on his staff that is going to come in and cause this team to make a run.

If somehow they did, that means we are not as needy on the roster as many think. 

Canning Rhule now does everybody favors.  For Tepper, there are several high-level college jobs open The Process might slide into and lower or completely wipe out what he is owed on his contract here.  For the players, just maybe it might remove this clusterf*#k of a "culture" and start to stabilize things.  For the fans, the misery of dealing with knowing this team can't get beyond looking like the a college team playing NFL opponents will come to an end.

I get what you are saying, we are screwed in the number of draft picks we have, especially since we may well be drafting in the top 3 (if not first), and our salary cap situation looks bleak, but hanging onto The Process for the sake of hitting absolute zero does not guarantee any kind of recovery.  It may make it worse.  Remember, the clown has "total control of the roster" and can just keep screwing things up indefinitely.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, CarolinaLivin said:

You’re basically saying keep Rhule until the end of the season to secure the #1 pick? I mean i don’t see how us playing the rest of the season with an interim coach would jeopardize us picking high. We just aren’t winning many games this year. 

I actually believe Steve Wilks could get us some wins. Our team has talent. Talent that can be motivated to win if organized properly. But not good enough to be great. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheWiz said:

I actually believe Steve Wilks could get us some wins. Our team has talent. Talent that can be motivated to win if organized properly. But not good enough to be great. 

Steve wilks at head coach… Ben still calling plays? Or is someone else just gonna come out the blue and switch up the entire offense mid-season? I just don’t see it. And its not like the players hate rhule he hasn’t lost the locker room so would that really add motivation? Its just an L of a season

6 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

Canning The Process does nothing to make us more likely to be mediocre.  For this year, there is nobody on his staff that is going to come in and cause this team to make a run.

If somehow they did, that means we are not as needy on the roster as many think. 

Canning Rhule now does everybody favors.  For Tepper, there are several high-level college jobs open The Process might slide into and lower or completely wipe out what he is owed on his contract here.  For the players, just maybe it might remove this clusterf*#k of a "culture" and start to stabilize things.  For the fans, the misery of dealing with knowing this team can't get beyond looking like the a college team playing NFL opponents will come to an end.

I get what you are saying, we are screwed in the number of draft picks we have, especially since we may well be drafting in the top 3 (if not first), and our salary cap situation looks bleak, but hanging onto The Process for the sake of hitting absolute zero does not guarantee any kind of recovery.  It may make it worse.  Remember, the clown has "total control of the roster" and can just keep screwing things up indefinitely.

No. More. College. Coaches.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Steve wilks at head coach… Ben still calling plays? Or is someone else just gonna come out the blue and switch up the entire offense mid-season? I just don’t see it. And its not like the players hate rhule he hasn’t lost the locker room so would that really add motivation? Its just an L of a season

Exactly.  McAdoo has not exactly distinguished himself in game planning to the team's strengths, the opponent's tendencies, or for that matter much of anything.  As long as he is in that position, we will be lucky to score more than 13-17 points a game, and some days lower.

20 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

no way. that's how you instill a losing culture. it took us years to exorcise that poo when cam got here, keeping rhule and this loser ass brand is gonna leech deep.

eject his ass now or we'll be rehabbing player brains for years to come.

I’ve got bad news

• Pie 1