• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The more that comes out. The more it shows how deep the issues are

ncfan

You know him. He was the guy standing behind Ron in almost every on-field press conference.

It was him, Marty, and Tep who went to Rhule’s house to hire him.

He was with Luke when Luke made that retirement video.

He’s been around for a long time. Players seem to love him but his accedence past PR guy is a little concerning.

image.jpeg.701e461780261c3a106e025e693db4ee.jpeg

I dont know why this is weird... plenty of teams have exective advisors. I think the fact that the article is comparing Drummond to Easterby automatically gives it negative context, but what about:

1. Tom Coughlin
2. Bruce Allen

3. Stephen Jones

4. Sashi Brown

5. Mike Brown

Those are just off the top of my head. All serve roles as advisors to the owner of the respective franchise. This is not out of the ordinary.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Who the F is this Drummond guy I’ve never heard of him until an hour ago. 

unfortunately, I do know who Jack Easterby is and familiar with the Rasputin like hold he has on evangelical McNair family. Big yikes. 

Drummond is the guy you used to always see chaperoning Cam between interviews and would stand off to the side during the pressers and cue him/them on what was appropriate and when the presser was over and such.  I always saw him but didn't know who he was until last season.  He hasn't been nearly as visible over the last year or so, but that's apparently tly because he went from a communications guy to football ops.  Not good.

3 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Drummond is the guy you used to always see chaperoning Cam between interviews and would stand off to the side during the pressers and cue him/them on what was appropriate and when the presser was over and such.  I always saw him but didn't know who he was until last season.  He hasn't been nearly as visible over the last year or so, but that's apparently tly because he went from a communications guy to football ops.  Not good.

Agree a guy who doesn’t know crap ab football besides being a fan and really no formal training in sports administration and talent evaluation …don’t need a guy like that making personnel decisions 

1 minute ago, 4Corners said:

Agree a guy who doesn’t know crap ab football besides being a fan and really no formal training in sports administration and talent evaluation …don’t need a guy like that making personnel decisions 

So who made the personnel decisions Rhule or Drummond? This is all getting too confusing. 

2 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

He doesn’t make player personnel decisions. He’s basically Tepper’s right hand guy. 

His full title is:  Senior Advisor to the Chairman and Vice President of External Football Operations.

29 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Who the F is this Drummond guy I’ve never heard of him until an hour ago.

He's a former communications guy who Tepper elevated to Vice President of Football Operations.

He's also one of the three people responsible for hiring Matt Rhule (Marty Hurney and David Tepper being the other two).

Edited by Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont know why this is weird... plenty of teams have exective advisors. I think the fact that the article is comparing Drummond to Easterby automatically gives it negative context

I don't know that the Jack Easterby comparisons are fair. Drummond doesn't seem to be that kind of personality.

Now with that said, if Tepper is looking for advice on anything football related, Drummond isn't really qualified to give it.

• Pie 1