• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

RUMOR: Panthers are trying to trade Christian McCaffrey to the Buffalo Bills & Robbie Anderson to the Green Bay Packers

TheSpecialJuan

2 minutes ago, Toomers said:

How are the Panthers supposed to “eat” salary for two players with the league minimum base salaries? The dead money is gone. “Eating” salary would be like the Browns did with Baker, or Panthers did with Teddy. 

The Carolina Panthers are reportedly "very willing" to "eat salary" to complete trades involving Christian McCaffrey and Robbie Anderson, according to Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post.

I guess you have to ask Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post.

2 minutes ago, poundaway said:

The Carolina Panthers are reportedly "very willing" to "eat salary" to complete trades involving Christian McCaffrey and Robbie Anderson, according to Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post.

I guess you have to ask Jason La Canfora of the Washington Post.

Don’t have to. He’s incompetent. Always has been. 

40 minutes ago, Toomers said:

And you’re back to default mode as usual. Figured I’d respond to both. 

You're sweet.  

No team, including the bills will take on CMC's contract, even without having to pay his bonus money which would be dead money on the Panthers books. Considering we're already in the read for next year, you seem the team going more in read just to ship CMC off to a team with playoff aspirations?

The only way CMC gets shipped, is if we don't take a hit on moving him. Fat chance of that happening. Seriously.

16 minutes ago, pantherclaw said:

You're sweet.  

No team, including the bills will take on CMC's contract, even without having to pay his bonus money which would be dead money on the Panthers books. Considering we're already in the read for next year, you seem the team going more in read just to ship CMC off to a team with playoff aspirations?

The only way CMC gets shipped, is if we don't take a hit on moving him. Fat chance of that happening. Seriously.

His contract is a 3 yr/36M to any team acquiring him. None guaranteed. Plus this year is for 575k. That’s where his “value” lies.  It’s posted above if you need help. 

What needs changed? You can’t possibly make him cheaper to acquire when they are already making league minimum base salary? So where is this salary they are eating since it’s not the 18.5M they have to account for no matter what? 

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Toomers said:

His contract is a 3 yr/36M to any team acquiring him. None guaranteed. Plus this year is for 575k. That’s where his “value” lies.  It’s posted above if you need help. 

What needs changed? You can’t possibly make him cheaper to acquire when they are already making league minimum base salary? So where is this salary they are eating since it’s not the 18.5M they have to account for no matter what? 

I see that.

It doesn't show any bonuses that have already been paid, and any others they may or may not be in the remaining contract....

the dead money that we'd be on the hook for that would normally be pro-rated,  would then be dumped on next year's salary cap. 

HIs actual contract isn't bad, but you think the Panthers will dump 10s of millions of more dead money just to move CMC? 

I don't.  

BTW, I don't mind being wrong. I enjoy learning, and my memory is far from perfect, so I also forget stuff the joys of getting old and smoking a poo ton of pot when I was younger.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, jackson113 said:

FB_IMG_1665526463657.jpg

This is the reason trades for players doesn't happen often in the NFL. The salary structure makes him even more valuable to the new team (cheap salaries ahead) but a ton of dead money for old team. 

You telling me CMC at basically free for this year and $12mil the next three years isn’t an attractive contract for the best RB in the league?