• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I was on the tank bandwagon, but after looking more further, I say we just roll with Corral and draft BPA.

panthersgreenville

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

What's hilarious is the continued psuedo  QB analysis by football message board members. 

All the while you provide your hilariously bad analysis of Matt Corral that requires teleporting to an alternate dimension where Matt Corral didn't look like quite possibly the worst QB on an NFL roster in the preseason. Awesome.

But he "has it". Whatever "it" is in this case, I'll pass.

• Pie 1

Just think of this… Matt Rhule and our staff valued Matt Corral hugher than any other staff in the league did. They traded to take him in the 3rd round. There is a good chance he wasn’t even valued that high by teams that actually know what they are doing. The man has some potential, but he is extremely far from a sure thing…

• Pie 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

All the while you provide your hilariously bad analysis of Matt Corral that requires teleporting to an alternate dimension where Matt Corral didn't look like quite possibly the worst QB on an NFL roster in the preseason. Awesome.

But he "has it". Whatever "it" is in this case, I'll pass.

I'll take Smitty's opinion before yours. End of story.

2 hours ago, Jaxel said:

To be clear, I don't think we should tank for that guy, but what I do think is we do whatever it takes to get him. Remember, the Chiefs traded up for Mahomes, the ravens traded up to get Jackson, the Bills traded up to get Allen. If your guy is there, go get him.

I agree. But, each of those guys were lucky to be chosen by the teams that picked them. Hear me out. 

Mahomes: He had the luxury of sitting a year behind a competent, but not great QB, in Alex Smith. The Chiefs were a playoff team before he got there.

Jackson: The Ravens were a 9-7 team the year before Lamar got there. They would have made the playoffs if they had not lost the last game of the season. The Raven have been one of the more stable franchises in the 21st century. And Lamar, like Mahomes, did not have to start immediately. He took over by the end of his rookie year, but he had an opportunity to watch at first.

Allen: People forget that the Bills made the playoffs the year before he got there. Tyrod Taylor took them to the Wild Card round. Allen was drafted by a playoff team.

Watson: Houston traded up to get him at 12. Like Allen, his team was in the playoffs the year before he go there. The made it to the Divisional Playoff with "Tom Savage" and "Brock Osweiller" splitting QB duties.

The pieces were in place for all 4 to have succeed fairly quickly. The franchises could afford to make deals to move up because they had no gaping holes on their teams. A-Rod and Big Ben also joined stable franchises and blossomed in a hurry. 

Mayfield, Darnold, David Carr, etc went to poor teams and it affected their play. I'm not saying they'd be all time great if they'd been drafted by different teams, but I do think they would each have had an easier transition into the league.

If you draft a stud in the top 5 but he's on a bad teams, then you need to get that time competitive by year 3 or he could end up shell shocked and permanently damaged.

27 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Historically speaking, a new coach almost always gives a drafted guy a shot.  So, Corral will likely get a shot.  Even if we do draft a qb in the first round, Corral will likely get a shot.  Might just be a shot to be the backup for a few years.  But Corral will be here next year, unless of course someone makes a decent trade offer for him.    

Please provide some data to back up this claim, I don’t buy it at all. Maybe for top 10-20 picks but a random mid rounder? Don’t buy it.