• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sounds like Scott Fitterer will continue as Panthers GM in '23

TheSpecialJuan

Trust me, this kid Corral will come back stronger.

His mental makeup(determination, aggression) will push him.

Better believe he'll be ready.

Being that somehow three QBs got injured under Matt Rhule I'm going to chalk that up to negligence. 

This team wasn't prepared to play on day one and we saw it coming from the bullsh*t camp Rhule put on. 

It was an idiotic waste of time while other coaches who could actually build a roster had their guys good to go.

Rhule THOUGHT he was playing a mind game with Sam, the media and the fan base.

Everybody knew why he brought Baker but he wanted to sell a "competition" that didn't include all Qbs and was fictionally between on Sam and Baker but it was always Baker.

His obsession with Wayward already failed, flawed veterans was beyond stupid and he tried to cover it up like an addict, not Fhuling anybody.

Huddlers got all sensitive about Operation Golden Corral which was only to point out Rhules biggest flaw as an NFL coach, a flaw of his that in a necessary strength in building an NFL, playing a rookie QB into stardom or bust.

Like an addict he thought he would prosper taking the easy way out.

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Trust me, this kid Corral will come back stronger.

His mental makeup(determination, aggression) will push him.

Better believe he'll be ready.

Being that somehow three QBs got injured under Matt Rhule I'm going to chalk that up to negligence. 

This team wasn't prepared to play on day one and we saw it coming from the bullsh*t camp Rhule put on. 

It was an idiotic waste of time while other coaches who could actually build a roster had their guys good to go.

Rhule THOUGHT he was playing a mind game with Sam, the media and the fan base.

Everybody knew why he brought Baker but he wanted to sell a "competition" that didn't include all Qbs and was fictionally between on Sam and Baker but it was always Baker.

His obsession with Wayward already failed, flawed veterans was beyond stupid and he tried to cover it up like an addict, not Fhuling anybody.

Huddlers got all sensitive about Operation Golden Corral which was only to point out Rhules biggest flaw as an NFL coach, a flaw of his that in a necessary strength in building an NFL, playing a rookie QB into stardom or bust.

Like an addict he thought he would prosper taking the easy way out.

robin hood sucking thumb GIF

• Flames 1

12 hours ago, Panthering said:

I'm completely on board with Fitt staying for '23 and beyond, let him hire his own guys and see how it plays out

If Fitt drafts a quarterback that will be a legitimate NFL starter he will help his case. If he misses he will probably be at Gaston College with Rhule.  

• Beer 1

On 10/17/2022 at 8:01 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

I think if you have a hard salary cap then you need to hold teams accountable for said cap and teams should be required to get under the cap much earlier than March. The season is over for most teams in January… giving teams two months to manipulate the cap is dumb. Otherwise let’s just say fug it and have a soft cap like the NBA and penalize teams for going over.

this just punishes teams who do well. Teams aren’t “manipulating” anything. The salary cap is not an important moral entity. It isn’t a moral wrong to not revere it and receive punishment for not obsessing it over like fans do.

fans are only salty because they justified their team’s stubborn refusal to get better through high price trades or free agents as being fiscally necessary while well ran teams continued to add talent and win footballs games with no regard for the salary cap, rationalizing that “one day they’ll see! They’ll all see!”

eventually those fans realized that the window you can buy yourself through good management of the salary cap process is so long that it doesn’t really matter if eventually the bill comes due.

Edited by Growl

33 minutes ago, Growl said:

this just punishes teams who do well. Teams aren’t “manipulating” anything. The salary cap is not an important moral entity. It isn’t a moral wrong to not revere it and receive punishment for not obsessing it over like fans do.

fans are only salty because they justified their team’s stubborn refusal to get better through high price trades or free agents as being fiscally necessary while well ran teams continued to add talent and win footballs games with no regard for the salary cap, rationalizing that “one day they’ll see! They’ll all see!”

eventually those fans realized that the window you can buy yourself through good management of the salary cap process is so long that it doesn’t really matter if eventually the bill comes due.

No one’s saying it’s that the salary cap is a moral compass… my only argument is that if you are going to have a cap in place then the cap needs to be honored year around or at the very minimum the window for teams to become cap complaint needs to shrink drastically.

Otherwise, let’s get rid of the cap and go the MLB route and let teams buy championships…

The argument that you always hear is that there wouldn’t be any parity…

Well since 2000…

MLB - With no salary cap - 15 different World Series Winners

NFL - With a salary cap - 13 different Super Bowl Winners

If you are going to have a cap then it needs to be enforced and enforced in a much tighter window than it is now, or just say fug it and get rid of it.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

No one’s saying it’s that the salary cap is a moral compass… my only argument is that if you are going to have a cap in place then the cap needs to be honored year around or at the very minimum the window for teams to become cap complaint needs to shrink drastically.

Otherwise, let’s get rid of the cap and go the MLB route and let teams buy championships…

The argument that you always hear is that there wouldn’t be any parity…

Well since 2000…

MLB - With no salary cap - 15 different World Series Winners

NFL - With a salary cap - 13 different Super Bowl Winners

If you are going to have a cap then it needs to be enforced and enforced in a much tighter window than it is now, or just say fug it and get rid of it.

every team is forced to abide by the same rules and has the same window. Some teams do it well and others don’t. Trying to criminalize success on the field and intelligent maneuvering off of it doesn’t seem worthwhile. 

27 minutes ago, Growl said:

every team is forced to abide by the same rules and has the same window. Some teams do it well and others don’t. Trying to criminalize success on the field and intelligent maneuvering off of it doesn’t seem worthwhile. 

That doesn’t mean teams are working with the same budget… if you think that the Jaguars are working with the same budget as the Cowboys, then there’s no point in having this conversation (there was an article about this recently)… and yes, internal budgets affect how teams operate within the salary cap.

The NBA probably has the fairest model in professional sports but they also have the worst parity because 1) their players are divas and like to team up and 2) it’s much easier for one individual to have an impact on a game when there are only five players on the court… landing one singular superstar can truly alter a franchise.

The NFL’s hard cap allows those with money to manipulate it by continuing to push money down the road and those without money (or a smaller budget) to stay within its’ constraints at all times… and with no penalty, teams with money continue kicking money into the year 3000.

I’d prefer to open the whole thing up and either not have a cap so that we can stop pretending this hard cap is for parity reasons or have a soft cap and penalize teams for going into the luxury tax.

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

That doesn’t mean teams are working with the same budget… if you think that the Jaguars are working with the same budget as the Cowboys, then there’s no point in having this conversation (there was an article about this recently)… and yes, internal budgets affect how teams operate within the salary cap.

The NBA probably has the fairest model in professional sports but they also have the worst parity because 1) their players are divas and like to team up and 2) it’s much easier for one individual to have an impact on a game when there are only five players on the court… landing one singular superstar can truly alter a franchise.

The NFL’s hard cap allows those with money to manipulate it by continuing to push money down the road and those without money (or a smaller budget) to stay within its’ constraints at all times… and with no penalty, teams with money continue kicking money into the year 3000.

I’d prefer to open the whole thing up and either not have a cap so that we can stop pretending this hard cap is for parity reasons or have a soft cap and penalize teams for going into the luxury tax.

Every team has the same amount every year. There is no difference. What is the difference between the Jags or Cowboys. Please show this article that claims this. 

3 minutes ago, Toomers said:

Every team has the same amount every year. There is no difference. What is the difference between the Jags or Cowboys. Please show this article that claims this. 

Some teams have an internal budget… it’s fairly common knowledge.

Hell, being a Carolina Hurricanes fan I’d know this, different sport, but the premise is the same… until the Canes were sold they were a budget team.

Some teams value that extra money as paying an additional salary has to come out of someone’s pocket… it’s not just magic money.

I’ll have to lookup the article when I have a bit more time but it came out recently.

4 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Some teams have an internal budget… it’s fairly common knowledge.

Hell, being a Carolina Hurricanes fan I’d know this, different sport, but the premise is the same… until the Canes were sold they were a budget team.

Some teams value that extra money as paying an additional salary has to come out of someone’s pocket… it’s not just magic money.

I’ll have to lookup the article when I have a bit more time but it came out recently.

What internal budget? The Steelers owners are probably the poorest ones the NFL. They do alright. What teams don’t use all there resources? 

4 minutes ago, Toomers said:

What internal budget? The Steelers owners are probably the poorest ones the NFL. They do alright. What teams don’t use all there resources? 

I’d say the Panthers aren’t currently using all of their resources, they have $10M in cap space right now and could have easily added additional pieces. Next year will be tricky but hell, all we have to do is restructure a bunch of contracts and kick the can.

An internal budget is a budget that the owner sets and says all in all we are not going over this number this year and in reality it has nothing to do with being poor, it has everything to do with greed. There’s much more to a franchise this just the product on the field. All of that money has to come from somewhere.

If Tepper can save $10M this year then why the hell not…

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

I’d say the Panthers aren’t currently using all of their resources, they have $10M in cap space right now and could have easily added additional pieces. Next year will be tricky but hell, all we have to do is restructure a bunch of contracts and kick the can.

An internal budget is a budget that the owner sets and says all in all we are not going over this number this year and in reality it has nothing to do with being poor, it has everything to do with greed.

And there is the problem. You really don’t understand how this works. Tepper(or any owner) isn’t saving any money with that. It carries over every year. It gets spent eventually. They restructured every contract they could to create cap room for everyone THIS year. And now have bad team that has to do it again just to field a hopefully below average team next year. 

If you don’t understand this simple concept, there really no reason to continue. 

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

An internal budget is a budget that the owner sets and says all in all we are not going over this number this year and in reality it has nothing to do with being poor, it has everything to do with greed. There’s much more to a franchise this just the product on the field. All of that money has to come from somewhere.

You do know that salary cap space rolls over to the following year, right?