• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Thank you Christian

TheBigKat

5 hours ago, Wolfcop said:

Like someone else said, need to build around a QB, not a RB. We only made the playoffs his first year when he wasn’t the focal point yet. 

Just curious, what does it mean when people suggest we were "building around a RB"?  That seems to imply that we were intentionally making CMC the focal point of our offense. Like I could understand if we invested in a bunch of run-blocking o-linemen to put all our eggs in the rushing basket. 

But it feels a lot more like we were trying to develop a passing offense, just failing miserably at it.  Since drafting CMC, we've invested pretty significant resources (money and/or draft picks) into DJ Moore (drafting + extending), Teddy, Sam Darnold, Robbie Anderson, TMJ, Matt Corral, and Baker to a lesser extent.  Not to mention our choice of OCs (Brady and McAdoo) who have traditionally been much more pass-focused.

Rather than "building around" CMC, it seems evident we tried to complement him with a strong passing attack but failed biblically so we were just resigned to feeding CMC as the only way to move the ball.

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, Seltzer said:

They should be.  This works out great for CMC.  Panthers Nation will always love him.

It's a bittersweet day for sure.  Hope CMC balls out in SF

I wish CMC well for sure but hope the 9ers lose every game for the rest of the season. I want higher draft picks!

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, onmyown said:

Sooooo this inept franchise has wasted generational talent in cam, Luke, and now cmc…who’s next to die with the modern browns? Horn? Brown? Maybe our first overall?

I can hardly contain myself waiting to find out.

Each of those players has/had serious injury issues and concerns.  With a healthy Cam, a Luke without concussions, and a CMC without his injury issues, things would have been different. CMC might "still" be in his prime.... but for how long?  I am sick of the "wasted generational talent" stuff.  We reached a Superbowl with Cam and Luke... we had a 15-1 season in 2015. We all know why and how we lost (no reason to bring that up again).....  

21 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Just curious, what does it mean when people suggest we were "building around a RB"?  That seems to imply that we were intentionally making CMC the focal point of our offense. Like I could understand if we invested in a bunch of run-blocking o-linemen to put all our eggs in the rushing basket. 

But it feels a lot more like we were trying to develop a passing offense, just failing miserably at it.  Since drafting CMC, we've invested pretty significant resources (money and/or draft picks) into DJ Moore (drafting + extending), Teddy, Sam Darnold, Robbie Anderson, TMJ, Matt Corral, and Baker to a lesser extent.  Not to mention our choice of OCs (Brady and McAdoo) who have traditionally been much more pass-focused.

Rather than "building around" CMC, it seems evident we tried to complement him with a strong passing attack but failed biblically so we were just resigned to feeding CMC as the only way to move the ball.

Bridgewater was mostly because of Christian I'd say but that's it

I don't regret drafting him. One of the picks I loved from the start. Obviously would prefer if the 49ers don't end up much better record-wise because of the draft picks but would also be a shame if injuries continue to be a problem and we never get to see him at his very best.