• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players hoping to help Wilks win the full time job

Mr. Scot

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I personally would love it.  Chad is probably my favorite OC we've ever had.  I know many of us, myself included, grew frustrated with him in his second year here because it felt like he was auditioning for a HC job more than focusing on the job at hand, but even so, his offenses had rhythm, were creative, effective, and fun to watch.  I'm still really surprised he isn't currently in a playcalling capacity of any kind...  dumbfounded actually.

Not sure this would factor a whole lot into the decision, but I do think if you want an OC who's less likely to leave for a head coaching job, Chudzinski could fit that role.

It's not that he wouldn't want a job mind you, I just don't think he'd get a lot of looks.

• Pie 1

Just now, Waldo said:

How about neither. If Wilks can't find better people then he should not be in consideration for the HC gig.

Well to be clear, prior acquaintance helps sometimes but coaches don't necessarily limit the pool strictly to people they know.

You also have to factor in that assistants who were part of a staff that was freed up because their head coach was fired can often be good candidates.

And frankly, if he continues to call good games like he did this past Sunday, keeping Ben McAdoo could become a very viable option.

• Beer 1

41 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I just fear he is too much like Rivera. Old fashioned and we don’t have a franchise QB that can carry his butt. 

I'm optimistic that he may be a better defensive mind than Rivera after that argument with Snow. I can't imagine Ron getting into it with other coaches over the gameplan or general philosophy. Bold for a secondary coach to put his neck out there like that unless he's sure of what he's talking about.

But yeah, it's too early to call. So far he's just a good Locker Room Dad.

• Beer 1

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Well to be clear, prior acquaintance helps sometimes but coaches don't necessarily limit the pool strictly to people they know.

You also have to factor in that assistants who were part of a staff that was freed up because their head coach was fired can often be good candidates.

And frankly, if he continues to call good games like he did this past Sunday, keeping Ben McAdoo could become a very viable option.

LOL that would be underwhelming. 

I think a few weeks of film brings this all back to reality. This feels like Sam at 3-0 IMO. No film with the complete switch-up only last so long. I love the competency and respect the work they are doing but the hype has already grown past the reality from 1 game after years of some of the NFL worst coaching. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

LOL that would be underwhelming. 

I think a few weeks of film brings this all back to reality. This feels like Sam at 3-0 IMO. No film with the complete switch-up only last so long. I love the competency and respect the work they are doing but the hype has already grown past the reality from 1 game after years of some of the NFL worst coaching. 

I don't honestly think any hype Wilks gets is going to matter.

He's either going to perform or he isn't.

• Beer 2

15 minutes ago, MechaZain said:

I'm optimistic that he may be a better defensive mind than Rivera after that argument with Snow. I can't imagine Ron getting into it with other coaches over the gameplan or general philosophy. Bold for a secondary coach to put his neck out there like that unless he's sure of what he's talking about.

But yeah, it's too early to call. So far he's just a good Locker Room Dad.

I don’t know if I’d go that far to say he is a better Defensive Mind then Rivera. His one year as our DC our defense didn’t really improve against the pass and actually got worse against the run. 
We had a lot of sacks though there is that. 

36 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I personally would love it.  Chad is probably my favorite OC we've ever had.  I know many of us, myself included, grew frustrated with him in his second year here because it felt like he was auditioning for a HC job more than focusing on the job at hand, but even so, his offenses had rhythm, were creative, effective, and fun to watch.  I'm still really surprised he isn't currently in a playcalling capacity of any kind...  dumbfounded actually.

He isn't calling plays because he doesn't want to call plays. 

From people that know him on the Miami Hurricanes board, he's happy in his current role. 

Just now, OldhamA said:

He isn't calling plays because he doesn't want to call plays. 

From people that know him on the Miami Hurricanes board, he's happy in his current role. 

Chudzinski previously worked as a tight ends coach, if I recall correctly. That'd be an option too.

(ditto Freddie Kitchens, I think)