• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

On 10/26/2022 at 12:31 PM, Wundrbread33 said:

Probably an effective way of viewing the upcoming class, is assuming Corral is part of it. 

So far (imo):

1. Young (the size kills me tho)

2. Corral (talent is there. Good feet. Release, arm, mobility are ideal. Fragility may be a problem.)

3. Stroud (need to evaluate more, but surrounding talent is worrisome. Young plays with better “feel”)

4. Levis (looks raw but physically he has it all)

5. Hooker (older, so could be mentally and physically more developed than opponents)

This isn’t in stone for me, and there is inescapable bias toward Corral that I’m trying to avoid in evaluating these guys, but it’s only natural that it would be there. 

The more I watch Young, the more I like him. I don’t care about stats, or the plays when he has 5 seconds to throw (aside from his ability to go through reads), but he can throw off platform, from the pocket and on the move, his release is Corral fast at times when he needs to make a quick throw, he has great feet and feel for the game, plenty of arm, and has shown accuracy and touch at all levels. 

Curious what your rankings would be, and any justifications you would like to share. 

Are there any Juniors who might be coming out who would be ready, or do we keep PJ as a starter for one more year, keep Baker or Sam for another year as a backups, and let Corral have another year of being 3rd string and gaining maturity he did not show this past summer.

37 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Rick James GIF

Matt Corral has heart he plays bigger than 6'2" 210lbs. He was attacking DBs and even LBs as a runner. While you don't want him trying to truck guys in the NFL as a QB it just shows the aggressive nature of Corral the football player.

He's no sissy QB he's a football player he'll hit and get hit, it's all football to him much like Cam he's not just playing QB he's playing football.

Players like that need to be protected and managed because otherwise they're completely fearless.

I think with proper management and just a little more work on reigning in that arm and cutting down on overthrowing guys on deep passes he'll be a Aaron Rodgers type of player. 

He is most certainly the best runner of this group. The only comparable runner is Max Duggan, but as much as I'm going to be overhyping Duggan he does break down tremendously under pressure while Corral seems to feed off of it.

His ability as a runner makes me even more enthusiastic about the team's redzone potential with him at the helm. 😮

If Wilks or the next head coach opt to go a route similar to Daboll and Jones, we could see Corral get his shot at being the guy with the understanding that the team is going to throw the house at getting their favorite prospect in 2024 if he doesn't perform. Or they could decide that the team would be better off with Bryce Young at the helm.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Icege said:

He is most certainly the best runner of this group. The only comparable runner is Max Duggan, but as much as I'm going to be overhyping Duggan he does break down tremendously under pressure while Corral seems to feed off of it.

His ability as a runner makes me even more enthusiastic about the team's redzone potential with him at the helm. 😮

If Wilks or the next head coach opt to go a route similar to Daboll and Jones, we could see Corral get his shot at being the guy with the understanding that the team is going to throw the house at getting their favorite prospect in 2024 if he doesn't perform. Or they could decide that the team would be better off with Bryce Young at the helm.

Young will drop so he may become the value pick. Corral is ahead of Young in the physicality department though, bigger man.

People call Corral "smallish" 6'2" is closer to the NFL average of 6'3" for QBs than not. The man was running over guys or trying to run over them. Aggressive. A natural RB type of dual threat. He has that dog in him for sure.

That's why he played in that bowl game and reinjured himself. Like I said, that aggression managed by the right coach could be special.

• Pie 1

15 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Not sure, was looking for one but for some context this was a nice play and that ball should have been caught

That was a 65yrd bomb. Accurate on the money.

He ran away and reset his feet and fired off a 65yrder so rapidly right there.

Edited by rippadonn
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Young will drop so he may become the value pick. Corral is ahead of Young in the physicality department though, bigger man.

People call Corral "smallish" 6'2" is closer to the NFL average of 6'3" for QBs than not. The man was running over guys or trying to run over them. Aggressive. A natural RB type of dual threat. He has that dog in him for sure.

That's why he played in that bowl game and reinjured himself. Like I said, that aggression managed by the right coach could be special.

Corral is good for height at 6’2”, his frame is just very small. I hope he has been gaining muscle mass this season to prepare his body better for the NFL. I’m curious to see how he does without Rhule there anymore holding him back. 

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

He didn't abandon his teammates. Getting hurt in the bowl game cost him tons of money.

But he puts brotherhood and winning above money.

That's a winner!!

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Corral is good for height at 6’2”, his frame is just very small. I hope he has been gaining muscle mass this season to prepare his body better for the NFL. I’m curious to see how he does without Rhule there anymore holding him back. 

Obviously depends on the HC and everything but we better not have anything more than 1 vet, 1 draft QB, and Corral in camp. Don't really care about the order for reps but it has to be more than 3 per practice for whoever is at the bottom of the depth chart. The Baker/Sam "battle" was 25-30 reps a practice with PJ and Corral sitting around doing nothing til the final 5 minutes, splitting the last 5 reps or so. It's actually insulting to those guys to have been treated like that

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Obviously depends on the HC and everything but we better not have anything more than 1 vet, 1 draft QB, and Corral in camp. Don't really care about the order for reps but it has to be more than 3 per practice for whoever is at the bottom of the depth chart. The Baker/Sam "battle" was 25-30 reps a practice with PJ and Corral sitting around doing nothing til the final 5 minutes, splitting the last 5 reps or so. It's actually insulting to those guys to have been treated like that

I want Eagles OC as HC, Minshew as our vet, rookie QB, and Corral. We could possibly swing for a high upside QB like Richardson and let Minshew/Corral battle it out until he is ready. I mean he could run a very similar offense that has made Hurts so great. This all of course depends on where we are drafting, 

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I want Eagles OC as HC, Minshew as our vet, rookie QB, and Corral. We could possibly swing for a high upside QB like Richardson and let Minshew/Corral battle it out until he is ready. I mean he could run a very similar offense that has made Hurts so great. This all of course depends on where we are drafting, 

I'd take Minshew and that OC for sure. Whether we can grab Richardson/Hooker/D-line or MLB is all hypothetical til we get another month or so into the NFL season. Richardson and Hooker are the only 2 guys I'm interested in after Bryce for how we usually operate on offense. Don't see Stroud wanting to play like it's 1985 as an option

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Richardson is intriguing as fug. Evaluations are gonna vary widely based on what teams think he can develop into. He's Josh Allen-esque in terms of raw tools.

He's so young I'm not sure if another year of college or a year sitting on the bench would be better for him. I saw on his IG he graduated High School May 23rd 2020 and that seems crazy. He might be at 20 college games started when the draft hits