• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we have been in on Roquan?

ATLpanther

Maybe I’m off base but after seeing the compensation, I would have been glad to send Chicago a 2nd rounder and a fifth for Roquan to have stud linebacker .  I see they also included former panther AJ Klein.  Hell we could have thrown in Shaq to maybe cancel out the 5th rounder as an upgrade over Klein. Thoughts huddle?

8 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

The biggest problem is you'd be getting him as a 1 year rental in a clearly lost season. Chicago didn't extend him cause he wanted a massive contract. You really want to give up significant draft capital for an inside linebacker you have to pay a fortune to extend? No way.

was hoping we could sign him in the upcoming offseason after his current contract is up that way we don't have to lose a draft pick. this defense is a stud linebacker and second pass rusher away from being a top 10 maybe top 5 defense

• Beer 1

7 minutes ago, Dave Gettleman's Shorts said:

was hoping we could sign him in the upcoming offseason after his current contract is up that way we don't have to lose a draft pick. this defense is a stud linebacker and second pass rusher away from being a top 10 maybe top 5 defense

That sounds good at face value but smart teams don't tend to spend a ton on coverage linebackers. We could probably get a highly ranked rookie linebacker with one of our 2 2nd round picks if we really wanted to invest in it and we'd be getting them at 4 years and $9 million rather than the 4 years and $80 million Roquan is probably looking for.

• Beer 2

Tough question. He is the top MLB in the league right now and he his play on the field supports him being paid that way. The value of a top notch MLB is the real question. I do miss the days of Luke, Beason, and Morgan, LB is a position of need for us too. I just don't think we can afford his contract, but I do think he is worth a 2nd and 5th round pick. 

• Pie 2

23 minutes ago, Peon Awesome said:

That sounds good at face value but smart teams don't tend to spend a ton on coverage linebackers. We could probably get a highly ranked rookie linebacker with one of our 2 2nd round picks if we really wanted to invest in it and we'd be getting them at 4 years and $9 million rather than the 4 years and $80 million Roquan is probably looking for.

Coverage linebacker? Dude leads the league in tackles. 

• Pie 1

We're 2- 6 come the fug on... no one player we could trade for now would be worth the draft capital you'd have to give up.

Fiterrer and/or Rhule already made that mistake multiple times with Gilmore Henderson and Shenault hasn't contributed much either outside of 1 game. 

You're just shooting yourself in the foot repeatedly if you're consistently trading away picks on a team that's mediocre at very best (honestly we haven't even been good enough for that past several seasons) and horrendous at worse.

• Pie 3