• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Around the NHL

57 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

https://www.thehockeybeast.com/nhl/wayne-gretzky-is-fed-up-wants-the-nhl-to-take-action-and-suggests-major-rule-change/?amp=1

Saw this come across my feed. What do y’all hockey fans think? Personally I’m torn. Do I particularly like the technique, no. But also as long as it’s moving forward I don’t see much of an issue with it. 

I agree with The Great One. It's not an even matchup at that point; the shooter has all the advantage.

But, I'm also in the camp that the regular season and playoff overtime rules need to be consistent. Right now, there are no shootouts in the playoffs. Why? Because they are an anti-climactic end to a game.

The playoffs are now a 20-minute, 5-on-5, sudden death period. Either make the regular season the same or, at the very least, just extend the 3-on-3, as Gretzky suggests, to eliminate as much of the possibility of a shootout as you can.

• Pie 3

Okay....I think it's now safe to say the Canes are in the driver's seat for the Division.

That butt-kicking my Devils got from Winnipeg combined with the Canes winning their game pretty much sealed it for you guys. 

That said, however, Florida just overtook the Pens (who got THEIR asses beat by my Devils last night) in the WC spot.

I don't know what team you guys would prefer facing from the WC teams but I can't imagine Florida would be at the top of your lists. 

• Pie 2

54 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Okay....I think it's now safe to say the Canes are in the driver's seat for the Division.

That butt-kicking my Devils got from Winnipeg combined with the Canes winning their game pretty much sealed it for you guys. 

That said, however, Florida just overtook the Pens (who got THEIR asses beat by my Devils last night) in the WC spot.

I don't know what team you guys would prefer facing from the WC teams but I can't imagine Florida would be at the top of your lists. 

Canes swept the Penns but all 4 games were close with 2 OT games. 1 and 1 with Flada with our last game of the season coming against them on the 13th. Toss up I guess but I prefer we play the Pens. But as it stands Islanders and Flada are tied in points for the wild cards so who knows could end up laying the Islanders.

Edited by DavidEng
  • Pie 2

2 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Net front results in a goal for Boston, pretty sure the Canes think it’s illegal to do that.

We had a ton of net front in the last 10 minutes of the game. But so did Nashville. Didn’t matter if the goalie could see it or with 4 bodies in the way. 

• Pie 1