• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Justin Fields 61 yard rushing touchdown

6 hours ago, Catsfan69 said:

Penix is the pick. 

Young is damn good but the size scares me more than anything. 

From what I remember of Penix is he’s been injury prone and missed time each of the last four college seasons with injuries. He’s never started every game. The size might be a concern for Young but he’s proven to be far more durable than Penix Jr who is in his fifth year of college ball and this is his first time making it to 20 touchdowns and this is the most games he’s played in a season. But the injury past has shown he’s been hurt and missed games every single season but this one so far. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Varking said:

From what I remember of Penix is he’s been injury prone and missed time each of the last four college seasons with injuries. He’s never started every game. The size might be a concern for Young but he’s proven to be far more durable than Penix Jr who is in his fifth year of college ball and this is his first time making it to 20 touchdowns and this is the most games he’s played in a season. But the injury past has shown he’s been hurt and missed games every single season but this one so far. 

2 ACLs (don’t know what you can do about that), one freak sternum injury, but the concerning one is the AC joint shoulder injury from last year. It was a separated shoulder on this throwing arm, but he didn’t need surgery and looks to have recovered well. You are right though 4 pretty serious injuries throughout your college career is no joke… 

• Pie 2

42 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

As a passer?

And what does that say about the guys we did draft? Are you saying they just don't have good "drive and work ethic"?

I think Justin Fields might have a next level work ethic. I think that helps with his shortcomings. And yes, he has developed as a passer. Listen to folks like Dilfer, JTO, and even Chris Simms who didn’t believe Fields was a first round talent last year. Simms has acknowledged Fields has started reading the field, and he shortened his throwing motion and has made tremendous strides. 

I have been following Fields since he was in QB1 on Netflix and every account I’ve ever found, even when he got to Chicago, has been that he’s a first in, last out guy who takes criticism seriously. He’s a leader. He has the drive to see how something currently isn’t working and then he works to fix it. I think a lot of guys work hard during practice. Fields, regularly is there before everyone and stays late working with the receivers after practice. He even did this for Claypool to get him up to speed and that continued last week. 

I think Fields is a guy who was going to find a way to succeed wherever he was. 

Well these analytics have found out what Fields biggest area of concern as a passer is .........

27. JUSTIN FIELDS, CHICAGO BEARS

32.5 Passing Grade Under Pressure

It’s been a rough go for Fields, as his thirteen turnover-worthy plays on pressured dropbacks severely outweigh his three big-time throws. He has a sub-65.0 passer rating on such plays, and he possesses a lowly 53.8% adjusted completion percentage against the rush this season.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

2 ACLs (don’t know what you can do about that), one freak sternum injury, but the concerning one is the AC joint shoulder injury from last year. It was a separated shoulder on this throwing arm, but he didn’t need surgery and looks to have recovered well. You are right though 4 pretty serious injuries throughout your college career is no joke… 

I had the same shoulder injury back in college.  The AC joint healed fine but during the rehab process tore my labrum.

-How my shoulder acts now.

Sweat Help GIF by Dance Church

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

I had the same shoulder injury back in college.  The AC joint healed fine but during the rehab process tore my labrum.

-How my shoulder acts now.

Sweat Help GIF by Dance Church

Nice visual!  Yeah since he is past the rehab part and his arm seems fine, I wonder if it can/will have any long term complications.  Medical is not my specialty...

6 minutes ago, MasterAwesome said:

Do I need to seriously consider benching Hurts for Fields in Fantasy Football moving forward?  I never thought I'd have a QB dilemma on my hands with the way Hurts has been playing this year 🤔

I wouldn’t bench Hurts but it’s nice to have Fields as a backup. But yeah, Fields has been the #1 Fantasy QB the last five weeks which is insane. I finally had to start starting him two weeks ago. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Nice visual!  Yeah since he is past the rehab part and his arm seems fine, I wonder if it can/will have any long term complications.  Medical is not my specialty...

It “could” but only time will tell. NFL teams would know way more about it before they invested in him.

3 minutes ago, Varking said:

I wouldn’t bench Hurts but it’s nice to have Fields as a backup. But yeah, Fields has been the #1 Fantasy QB the last five weeks which is insane. I finally had to start starting him two weeks ago. 

I drafted him in my league but he put up so many duds early in the year (talking strictly in terms of fantasy points) that I dropped him...only to see him finally used to his potential and explode in recent weeks.  Luckily I was able to pick him back up a couple weeks ago which was surprising cause I'm in a 12-man league with a bunch of vultures who snag every half-way decent pick-up before I can get a chance lol. 

Funny enough, same thing with Cole Kmet.  I drafted him, he put up a bunch of duds, I dropped him, and I picked him back up last week and fortunately started him yesterday.

• Pie 1