• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Frank Reich fired

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Could be considered a bit of an ass saving move by Chris Ballard...

Just appears to be a once good HC that got old and stagnant by NFL standards. I wouldn't discount this as Ballard's time to prove he should stay after the moves they have made recently. 

Edited by Waldo

Colts fans have wanted Reich gone for a bit so I'm sure they're rejoicing.  That franchise is in a similar boat as us--but the vet QBs they pick have been over-the-hill types rather than reclamations.  

Pretty nice roster otherwise.

• Pie 5

Just now, Waldo said:

Just appears to be a once good HC that got old by NFL standards. I wouldn't discount this as Ballard's time to prove he should stay after the moves they have made recently. 

They've thoroughly screwed the quarterback position over the last couple of seasons trading for Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan. 

That wasn't Reich's fault, though he may have believed he could fix Wentz.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

I find Frank Reich's arc interesting. I remember when he left Philly, and the Colts were doing better than expected, and the Eagles struggled, there were lots of comments about him being what drove the Philly Bus, I bought into that.

Then Pederson got off to a good start with Lawrence in Jax, and Reich struggled and Pederson got some of his credit back. I wonder where Reich goes from here.

7 minutes ago, Panthera onca said:

Wow, that is a bit of a surprise.

Not really. It's been rumored for weeks that he was on the hot seat. Maybe it's a little surprising that his axing was mid season (not really), but there was a time that he and Rhule were in a race to be fired.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They've thoroughly screwed the quarterback position over the last couple of seasons trading for Carson Wentz and Matt Ryan. 

That wasn't Reich's fault, though he may have believed he could fix Wentz.

He may not be first in line on blame for those but unless he was screaming 'NO' then he was probably part of the problem. Just those 2 moves will is enough to fire a HC and/or GM. When they got Ryan I knew it was going to end poorly over there. And after Wentz like they learned nothing.